“HIGHLY Disappointed”

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“HIGHLY Disappointed”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

What a Disappointment

I have stayed at Hotel Viking and this time around we decided to treat ourselves to a belated valentines day massage
When I called and booked the appointment I was told that automatically 20% would be added on to the service which at the time I didn't think it so a bad idea.
I have been to alot of high end spas and reg spas and was never asked to do that in advance.

I arrived at the spa on time and was sent to the relaxation room. Plenty of magazines, very nice room with dim lightening and refreshment but lacked in space. When I arrived there was no one in the room and 5 minutes later there was barley any seating. The room hold max 6, people that wanted to sit had to basically leave.
My massage therapist arrived and lead me to my room, I was asked if any areas were giving me an issue and I said Yes and asked if that are could we worked on.
The massage started off opposite of what I am used to, it started with you laying upwards and no oils or lotion for the beginning. The massage continued but it never felt like a massages usually does. My knees were massages which was very weird. The entire time I also felt like everything was being rushed. I understand that they massages are timed but I felt that it was all speed and just trying to get it over with. It all felt rushed. My ENTIRE shoulder problem are was ignored completely adn my entire shoulders were ignored. I was poked on the sides which was weird again. And it felt more like a back rub if you can call it that. My outer arm was massages, again weird. It felt like a completely opposite of what a massage is. I have never been so disappointed in a massage before and wished I didn't have to leave 20%. I have been to higher end places and lower end spas and have tipped above the 20% and felt walking on air. I sadly need to go back to a real massage!

Least to say I was extremely disappointed and would never go back. I figured that since there already tipped and want people in and out they didn't really care to build a relationship for the future

Visited February 2014
3 Thank pastytravels

Leominster, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Total indulgence”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was my first time staying at the Hotel Viking and indulging in their spa services at SpaTerre. My experience was exceptional in every way. From the courteous, discreet staff to their quality products and skilled therapists. I truly felt like a pampered princess. The Balinese massage was the best!! Catriona was superb in explaining the origins, the scented oils, etc... and made the experience both exotic and relaxing. The transformation made my face glow and the oatmeal, milk and honey was a totally unique experience for me. A very special, indulgent mid-week get-away.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mary D
Newport, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Treated like a princess!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Two friends and I had gotten Groupons for a Spa Day at Spa Terre and we enjoyed every second of it. In the past, other places have made us feel less than welcome and we have felt services were a bit less because of the Groupon but NOT at Spa Terre! From the minute we walked in the door, every person we met was warm and friendly and extremely helpful. We all had the Signature facial with the Eye-lift treatment and the Balinese massage. All three of us thought both treatments were wonderful!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Natives02
Portsmouth , RI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nail service”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Took my 4yr old & 6 yr old daughters to Spa Terre for manicures during their winter break. They were treated like little princesses upon arrival. Highly recommend Rebecca (nail technician) she was truly amazing with my children. She really went the extra mile for them, & their manicures were adorable! They left with a beautifully gift wrapped package of the nail polish that was on their fingers (brilliant idea!) which is part of the manicure experience. They talked about all the fun they had with Rebecca for days after their spa visit. Highly recommend bringing your daughters for a great manicure & some very special Mommy & daughter time!

Visited February 2013
Naples, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Locker rooms need updating”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I am a frequent visitor to the spa. The services are terrific (I've had several) and the treatment rooms are nice but the locker rooms really need renovation.

2 Thank thenewporter

Been to Spa Fjor? Share your experiences!