“Locker rooms need updating”
Review of Spa Fjor

Spa Fjor
Ranked #2 of 10 Spas & Wellness in Newport
Naples, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Locker rooms need updating”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I am a frequent visitor to the spa. The services are terrific (I've had several) and the treatment rooms are nice but the locker rooms really need renovation.

2 Thank thenewporter

West Hartford, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxing always our first stop in Newport!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Great places and very relaxing! Great mani- pedi and Swedish massage what a fun special this year,complete with champagne,

Visited February 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Average Facial”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Spa Terre is located on the lower floor of the Hotel Viking. The atmosphere is very serene and zen like. I had a signature facial. The facial was ok and the tecnician was very nice. However, I was surprised when the facial was over because there was no exfoliation! The basic facial at Spa Terre is more like a face massage rather then a true facial. I was disappointed and will try another spa in Newport on my next trip.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank travelgurl68
Prospect, Connecticut
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“Just one word needed - Balinese!”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I've visited many spas around the world and the services at SpaTerre make it one of the best. One thing I love is that they offer traditional and table Thai massage. These services are hard to find and they’re spectacular here! My favorite massage is their signature treatment, the Balinese. It’s a medley of strokes and is found nowhere else around. All the therapists I’ve experienced are professional and very skilled. My husband and I make sure we come here once a year just to indulge in SpaTerre’s fantastic treatments.

Recent changes have added a relaxation room for those waiting for treatment. You can enjoy water, teas or a light snack before or after your treatment. We’ve been wanting this improvement for a long time and are very happy with it! No more uncomfortably waiting in the lobby vulnerably in a robe while people come and go at the reception desk and people walk by on their way to the pool or gym or event rooms.

To enhance your relaxation the steam rooms in the locker areas are not to be missed! The men’s and women’s locker rooms are small. There is only one shower but I’ve never had to wait to use it. All your needed amenities were there. The attendants’ constant attention keeps the locker areas tidy and clean. Lockers are always stocked with robes and sandals and towels are readily available.

The workout room underwent a bit of modification. It is small but clean, bright and has a good assortment of weights and cardio equipment. While busy there was never a wait for equipment.

The pool area was undergoing changes while we were there. The women’s and men’s changing rooms were being revamped. The pool itself is wonderful with an attached whirlpool at one end. The temperature of the pool water is very comfortable. The whirlpool is a great place to soak away your cares. The pool however can be a busy place at certain times and take note that this hotel appears to be popular with families so quite often there are frolicking kids around. If you are using the spa and want quiet you may do better to use the steam room than the whirlpool.

I can highly recommend this spa.

Visited January 2012
6 Thank metalmaiden
Tiverton, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

This was my very first professional massage and I'm glad I did it here at Spa Terre. I had the Balinese (with Jasmine oil) my masseuse's name was Rose, and I highly recommend her. It was worth the $$$. The hotel itself,the staff, (and even the restaurant) is superb. We stayed there for two nights, in one of their suite ( Chateau sur Mer) and even though the rooms aren't that big, it's still very pleasant and comfortable.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank fallon t

Been to Spa Fjor? Share your experiences!