“Not impressed! very expensive but disappointed with facilities” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spa Fjor

Spa Fjor
New York, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not impressed! very expensive but disappointed with facilities”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

I just came back from a girls' Newport weekend, and all 3 of us were pretty disappointed. For a $125 massage, i expect better. The treatment itself was fine however the jacuzzi was broken, the pool cold (they claim it's heated to 80 degrees), the steam room was cold, and there was only ONE shower in the entire women's locker room! Plus my friend's 50 minute massage ended up only being 40 minutes long even though she arrived on time. She said something and got a somewhat unsatisfactory discount. And, the gratuity was automatic, which they never mentioned once during my reservation. Coming from NY, i felt cheated!

Visited May 2011

Providence, Rhode Island
“nothing to write home about. stillwater in Hyatt far superior all around”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2011

i usually go to the stillwater spa at the Hyatt when in newport, however i thought that i would try Spa Terre this time. unfortunately to start, the receptionist had made a mistake in the type of massage i had booked (booked for Swedish when requested deep tissue), which was luckily an easy fix, but was in turn charged more than i had been told. this was followed by a very late start (waited 20 minutes after scheduled time), a rushed and barely adequate massage then followed. the steam room was nice, but that's about all i really liked. i could have gone down the road to any local massage business and payed half for a much better massage. not impressed. when i was leaving i was asked how everything was, and when i politely expressed my opinion, nothing was done or said. obviously not going back, or recommending this place.

Visited April 2010
Providence, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Definately worth a stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2010

Spa Terre has a very relaxing environment with service providers who know what they are doing! I like the manicure room and the couples massage is not to be missed!

Englewood, New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Wonderful Massage Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2010

My husband and I recently celebrated our one year anniversary in Newport, RI. We booked a couple's massage service at the Spa Terre at the Viking Hotel on Bellevue Avenue. The spa is on the small side but is one of the only I2 locations that had a year-round couples massage rooms are well-appointed - shower and locker rooms are VERY small which only provided one shower stall. We selected a traditional swedish massage which was excellent. Massage service provided by John is one of the best massage treatments I have ever had. I highly recommend him. Spa Terre specializes in Balinese massage treatments. They are also reasonably priced at $115 per person for 50 minutes - inclusive of gratuity. I had originally booked an appointment at he Spa at the Marriott Hotel which was a lot mre expensive. A champagne couples massage would have cost about $250 PLUS gratuity. Really glad I called Spa Terre... overall a great experience.

3 Thank joanne112564

Been to Spa Fjor? Share your experiences!