“Wonderful place!”

Rosemary and Thyme Cafe
Ranked #3 of 235 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Chef / Owners Matt & Anna Tscheulin welcome you to visit Rosemary & Thyme , a small artisan style bakery and cafe located in historic downtown Newport, R.I. All our baked goods , pasteries, soups , salads, and atisan sandwiches are scratch made daily in our kitchen . All daily leftovers are donated to our local food pantry. We invite you to spend some time with us
New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful place!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

My husband and I decided to stop by here for lunch based on the positive reviews on Tripadvisor. Turns out they were right because we loved it. The sandwiches were excellent. The baked goods were sold out by the time we got there, so I can't say how they are. The owners were also really nice and chatted with us for a little bit. Anyway, we liked it so much we decided to come back every day for the rest of our trip. The next time we're in Newport we will definitely be stopping by.

• Visited November 2013

“Super Baked Goods and Sandwiches to die for”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Tiny little place-- get there early, once they are out of something, they're out for the day. Offerings appear to change from day to day. Worth going to again and again for a continental breakfast and pick up a sandwich (or four) for a picnic later.
Cramped quarters the only drawback, but its a very small drawback. Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Visited July 2013
Panama City, Florida
“Great Sandwiches and Great Customer Service”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I ordered here one day for lunch, and enjoyed one of the best sandwiches I have ever encountered. Because this, I used them for a work luncheon, and Anna and Matt helped me with the menu, and it turned out perfect. They offer quality food with customer service above the rest.

• Visited November 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent breads and pastries!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

My wife and I visited this spot on the basis of TripAdvisor reviews, and they were spot on. Prior to leaving Newport, we stopped by for breakfast. We got a few rolls and pastries - everything tasted extremely fresh and flavorful.

When we talk about future visits to Newport, we inevitably talk about a stop at Rosemary and Thyme Cafe....

• Visited April 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My wife and I went here for lunch based on the trip advisor reviews we read. We were NOT disappointed. We were there at 2:00 on a Saturday and we got the last table. It is very small, maybe 6 tables. We were greeted promptly. The sandwich menu is very creative and the food is fresh. The breads for the sandwiches are freshly made. The music playing was nice soft jazz which added to the comfort of this little gem.

• Visited December 2013