“Sinfully delicious sandwiches in a cozy corner!”

Rosemary and Thyme Cafe
Ranked #3 of 235 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Chef / Owners Matt & Anna Tscheulin welcome you to visit Rosemary & Thyme , a small artisan style bakery and cafe located in historic downtown Newport, R.I. All our baked goods , pasteries, soups , salads, and atisan sandwiches are scratch made daily in our kitchen . All daily leftovers are donated to our local food pantry. We invite you to spend some time with us
Niantic, Connecticut
“Sinfully delicious sandwiches in a cozy corner!”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Yesterday we visited a tiny bit of heaven on the first day of a holiday mini-vacation.
Rosemay and Thyme sounded appealing from what we had read on TripAdvisor.We entered this postage-sized haven and were greeted by a most congenial hostess behind the counter, who took our order and sat us down at one of the two tables unoccupied. So many tempting sandwiches and so little time! We both chose the pear and brie with carmelized onions and prosciutto on a baguette, toasted to perfection. Our sandwiches were served us by the chef herself.One bite and we were hooked. This is a place not to be missed !

• Visited November 2013

Hockessin, Delaware
“"Thanks Again Reviewers"”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My wife and I ate lunch here during a recent trip to Newport (to celebrate our anniversary). I picked the restaurant purely on tripadvisor reviewer recommendations (which had it ranked as the second best restaurant in Newport). All I can say is that the reviews were spot on. Amazing sandwiches!! The place is very small (about a half a dozen tables); so I can't imagine what it is like in there during the summer (we were there in early November). Nevertheless, it is most definitely worth trying out.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Scott M
Dublin, Ireland
“A little gem”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We found this cafe on Yelp and it is a little gem. Very small but super food, home made, and excellent coffee. Very welcoming and friendly staff.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Merrionman
Jackson, Wyoming
“What ever you do, eat here!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Sometimes you just want a really tasty salad or sandwich, so I am telling you if you find yourself in Newport Road Island, take the time to go to Rosemary and Thyme Cafe. I am sure after eating there they have many tasty delights, the food kept coming out of that little kitchen and it all looked fantastic! We chose a roasted veggie sandwich and this great salad that was loaded with all kinds of yummy ingredients.The place is small, cozy and happening! The staff was exceptionally friendly and although I was comfortably stuffed after our meal I still ended up walking out the door with this chocolate chip cookie that was not your everyday chocolate chip cookie!The whole experience had me content and very happy! I say GO there!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Libby V
Boston, Massachusetts
“Outstanding sandwiches!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

A very small restaurant with about 6 small tables just a little bit off the beaten path downtown. If I lived closer I would be here several times a week for their outstanding made from scratch sandwiches. Very busy but worth the wait! On this visit I had probably the best Cuban sandwich I've ever had anywhere. A must if you are in Newport!

Visited October 2013