“Quaint cafe with delicious food”

Rosemary and Thyme Cafe
Ranked #4 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Chef / Owners Matt & Anna Tscheulin welcome you to visit Rosemary & Thyme , a small artisan style bakery and cafe located in historic downtown Newport, R.I. All our baked goods , pasteries, soups , salads, and atisan sandwiches are scratch made daily in our kitchen . All daily leftovers are donated to our local food pantry. We invite you to spend some time with us
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I decided to go here after reading reviews on tripadvisor. We walked from our hotel on Thames and arrived around 8-8:30 AM. Very small cafe- very homey and quaint. My husband and I both ordered stuffed croissants, his was a spinach and cheese variety and mine was Canadian bacon. The owner was very sweet and helpful. My husband accidentally poured himself decaf coffee instead of regular and she was very nice and let him fill a new cup free of charge. Pastries looked great though we didn't try any. Coffee ended up being smooth and delicious. This place lived up to its wonderful reviews.

1  Thank Briggits

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

This is a very tiny place with about 5 tables. But excellent gourmet sandwiches you can take out and enjoy too. I tried pear with Brie and greens. Everyone in our group loved their choice.

1  Thank ACMC75
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is the typical place people always talk about: "oh its off the main attractions and off the road, it looks like a hole in the wall but man, its incredible..".

Not to say this place is a "hole in the wall". Its a tiny cafe off the main attractions in Newport and its incredible! If you want a place to sit down and for your food to come out in 10 seconds, you are in the wrong spot. This is a very small cafe were the staff is super friendly and make sure to serve you right. They take their time making the most delicious sandwiches I've ever tasted. You will wait, but ITS WORTH IT! in every way. If you can't find a seat indoors, then by all means sit outside on the benches they have by the door and just enjoy the nice sun. Someone will come out, call your name and hand you the most delicious food and it will be worth it. Ideally, there should be more establishments like these but since that's not the case, this is a gem in every way. I just appreciate people who know how to run a small business. How they take pride in providing great service and a great product. It tops all! Highly recommend going to Rosemary and Thyme if you visit Newport, RI.

1  Thank lbeni540
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were delighted to find this tiny gem, and glad it was open Sunday morning!!! , We had a croissant with eggs, spinach, and feta, and a croissant with nutella. DELICIOUS!!!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Actually the best part of this experience was the ladies who make and serve the specialties of the house. We enjoyed hearing about the restaurant(which is tiny!) and the family nature of the business. It was fun to be there!