“Lovely people making yummy breakfast treats and great coffee”

Rosemary and Thyme Cafe
Ranked #2 of 244 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Chef / Owners Matt & Anna Tscheulin welcome you to visit Rosemary & Thyme , a small artisan style bakery and cafe located in historic downtown Newport, R.I. All our baked goods , pasteries, soups , salads, and atisan sandwiches are scratch made daily in our kitchen . All daily leftovers are donated to our local food pantry. We invite you to spend some time with us
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Actually the best part of this experience was the ladies who make and serve the specialties of the house. We enjoyed hearing about the restaurant(which is tiny!) and the family nature of the business. It was fun to be there!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Had breakfast at Rosemary and Thyme before taking a walk on Newport's Cliff Walk. What a wonderful way to begin the day. Terrific breakfast croissants, scones, muffins, etc. in a warm, funky environment. The proprietors were as good as the food. Warm, friendly and helpful. Be advised that there are only a few tables and they only do breakfast and lunch. Also, if you want more than breakfast (as for instance taking bread or a number of goodies) it would be advisable to call ahead to put in an order. We wanted to get a baguette to go but they only make enough for their lunch sandwiches so couldn't sell to us. We were told that they could have accommodated us if we had called ahead.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful european style homemade baked goods and egg pastries. Feel like a local! Can't beat the cute interior and welcoming feel.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was truly an amazing meal. My wife and I could easily done with splitting a sandwich as they were huge. But I'm glad I had it all to myself as it was one of the best I've ever had. The combination of flavors was exquisite. Usually "artisan" means they want to sound fancy so they can charge you more, but the term truly applies here. And I've never felt more welcome at a restaurant. Don't miss this place! PS, I almost never give 5 stars of 5 to anything.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We 4 adults stumbled upon this marvellous little cafe whilst exploring Newport. Lovely place with superb sandwiches, salads and all things organic. Lovely people behind the counter. Well worth seeking it out!