“Amazing Way to See Newport RI”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 12 Meter Charters

12 Meter Charters
Book In Advance
More Info
$79.00*
and up
2 Hour Newport Harbor Sail Aboard Former America's Cup Yacht
More attraction details
Owner description: Set Sail aboard the America's Cup 12 Meter yachts of Newport, Rhode Island! 12 Meter Charters offers customized group charters and daily sailing cruises aboard our 65 foot America's Cup 12 Meter contenders. Participate in the sailing or just sit back and enjoy the sights! Our professional team has over 100 years of combined sailing experience - let them share their passion for 12 Meter sailing with you! EXHILARATION • RELAXATION • UNIQUELY NEWPORT
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
West Warwick, Rhode Island
“Amazing Way to See Newport RI”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

My office team took an excursion on a gorgeous Wednesday night on the Columbia boat. Kevin, Laura and Chris manned the sailboat and were so courteous with us, fielding some of my our silly questions (ie has anyone ever fallen in? and excuse me what is that island over there?) and being involved with us, yet unobtrusive. They made me feel like I had known them for years. We also had some wine and beer that they helped to serve to us. The ride started off nice and smooth, we went under the Newport Bridge and when we turned around to go back that's where the fun started. The wind was strong headed back so the boat slanted adding excitement and lots of laughs from us! Some of us helped to "grind" and also fold the sail at the end of the ride. The Harvest Moon was out at the same time as the sun and what a spectacular way to ride back into the harbor. I recommend this to anyone looking for something different than walking around Newport looking at shops and just eating all of the time. There is something very special about being on the water that gives you a new appreciation for the things and people around you.

• Hebrew first
Wellesley, Massachusetts
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Another perfect sail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We returned to heritage, this time with our 13 and 9 year old daughters. They are now spoiled. Captains Gus, Cedar and Eli put them through the chores of tailing lines, setting sails and taking the helm on a beautiful sail out of Newport Harbor and into Narragansett Bay. We had the added pleasure of watching some of the sailing megayachts finish this year's Bucket Race. It was a perfect sail on a perfect cruise. The crew is the best. When in Newport ake a sail on Heritage. You will be pleased.

Visited August 2013
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“"A Lifetime Memory"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

This sailing experience was something I'll never forget... The crew of Captain Gus, Cedar and Max were all exceptional sailors and very personable individuals which enhanced my enjoyment. I was was on a siblings weekend with my family and my five brothers and uncle were also, aboard the Heritage that day... It was my first opportunity to sail and between the excellent sailing conditions, the crew, my family and being aboard an America's Cup 12 meter, I can not adequately describe the level of my excitement. A totally AWESOME afternoon on the water!!!

1 Thank Brian O
Coventry, Rhode Island
“Sailing on an historic 12 Meter Yacht!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Great experience. Wonderful evening sailing around Newport and under the Newport bridge and up Narragansett Bay. Can't imagine a nicer evening sail on a charter than this one was. It was a small group and not crammed on the boat with too many other people. Plus the history of being on Columbia, the first of this vintage 12 meter to win America's Cup!! Magnificent.

Newport, Rhode Island
“Best sail ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I am a local Newporter and have been on the water many times before. Nothing has compared to the excitement and fun of running up Narragansett Bay in a 12 meter America's Cup sailboat! It was a perfect day for a sail, which meant spending a lot of the time perpendicular to the water. The crew was terrific! The Captain, Ms. Cedar, was confident and engaging and a thoroughly seasoned sailor who gave us a thrilling ride. Not your usual harbor sail! My friend from Iowa was still talking about it days later. Highly recommend it!

Visited August 2013