“Wonderful Ice Cream!”
Review of Kilwin's

Kilwin's
Ranked #1 of 14 Dessert in Newport
Reviewed May 27, 2019

I loved the raspberry sherbert, unlike most places!!!!! The smell of chocolate candy is worth entering!

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 29, 2019

delicious homemade fudge made right in front of you! Ice cream and chocolates..hand dipped apples! Staff was so friendly and gave samples...

Reviewed April 27, 2019

The aroma from Kilwin's just pulled us in to this amazing shop. The waffle cones were so amazing with their delicious flavored ice-creams. The hot fudge on the sundae was so thick and delicious. There were also hand-made chocolates that were truly fantastic! Just wonderful!

Reviewed April 21, 2019

We stumbled upon this one during our visit to Newport on July 4, 2018. We loved the ice cream and the sincerity with which the staff would help us select appropriate choices. this time we made time during our short visit here and I am happy they did not disappoint us!

Reviewed April 21, 2019 via mobile

My family (Asian) is eating in when I politely ask one of the staff if we could use the restroom, this younger nice staff gave us the key to the restroom. It happens that another family member needs to use the restroom, too. Since we were a customer I let her use it. This older, unhappy staff came to us and rudely told us in a condescending manner that we’re not allowed to use the restroom. She closed and locked the restroom despite the fact that she’s aware that her customer is in desperate need to use the restroom. She was talking in front of my family as if she was reprimanding us. I understand that the restroom is not for customer use but we asked one of the staff and she gave us the key, she could have explained it to us nicely but instead she made us uncomfortable enough not to finish our food and just get out of the store. This happened on Easter Sunday around 2 pm, there were 2 staff on duty that day, the younger one who is customer friendly, and this older rude one, who doesn’t seem to be happy with her job. I would recommend to future Newport visitors to go to Ben & Jerry’s across the street at the Wharf and stay away from this ice cream parlor who has a staff that could potentially ruin your vacation.

1  Thank Departure769715

Been to Kilwin's? Share your experiences!