“We will be back!”
Review of Diego's

Diego's
Reserve with OpenTable
Diego's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 234 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Diegos is a casual Mexican Restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. Open year round for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Family owned restaurant that sits on Bowens Wharf next to shopping and hotels. Reservations and walk ins always welcome!
Bristol, RI
“We will be back!”
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Recommended by friends we decided to try Diego's. We are so glad we did. The fish tacos and guacamole were out of this world! My husband enjoyed his Brooklyn Beer recommendation. I was not a fan of my margarita but am looking forward to trying a different one next time. My husband is really a finicky eater and loved it.

Sydney, Australia
“Yum”
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Best Margarita I have ever had.
Food was also lovely. Mexican with a twist.
Light an tasty rather than heavy and stodgy
Nice, laid back service and pleasant surrounds
It's also very reasonable.
Big thumbs up.

1 Thank Aussiesisters2
Torrington, Connecticut
“Great!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We loved this restaurant! The outside seating and atmosphere were great. I had no trouble ordering allergy specific meals, and it was delicious. Fresh margaritas too! They had a good kids menu too. I would definitely visit again!

Thank bazingo99 .
“Great fish tacos”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

What else can I say, this place had outstanding fish tacos. My girlfriend ordered a burrito (chicken?) but it was not as good as the tacos. I guess whether or not you'll be floored with this place depends on what you order.

• Visited July 2013
Sandy Hook, Connecticut
“Saturday night feast”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Came her with our party of 10 total people on Saturday, June 7. Since the weather was about 80 and beautiful at 8:30pm, the streets were packed - and so was Diego's. We had to wait about 20 minutes for enough room to be available for our party. We sat inside, but because it was so nice out, all the doors were open. It was very comfortable. Our waitress did a commendable job, despite the large group. My hangar steak was really spicy, more than I thought it would be, but that's the chance you take when eating Mexican, right? I believe five people got the fish tacos, and EVERY ONE said they were some of the best they've ever had. Two of those five are in the restaurant business, so I'd say you get a +1 for their proxy review? The prices were commensurate with other nice Newport restaurants. The location is perfect, as Bowen's Wharf is among several other nice restaurants in the area. Heck, if you want to park your megayacht nearby, you can easily walk here. I would come back here again. While I'm not big on Mexican (more specifically, spicy food), the menu seemed to have something for everyone.

• Visited June 2014

Been to Diego's? Share your experiences!