“Awesome Bartender!”
Review of Diego's

Diego's
Reserve with OpenTable
Diego's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 234 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Diegos is a casual Mexican Restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. Open year round for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Family owned restaurant that sits on Bowens Wharf next to shopping and hotels. Reservations and walk ins always welcome!
Mystic, Connecticut
“Awesome Bartender!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and two other couples stopped in at Diego's for a drink. Great time, awesome drinks and appetizers! Chris, the bartender was incredibly welcoming and fun. When spending money at a restaurant, it truly makes a difference if you feel welcome,and Chris certainly made us all feel that way. We will definitely be back!

Visited November 2013

Farmington, Connecticut
“A Mexican Food Gem in Newport”
Reviewed November 26, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Diego's has become our go to place for breakfast or lunch in Newport, RI. Not only is the food great but they allow our 5 pound Yorkie to join us at outside tables. We highly recommend the fish tacos with a side of black beans although everything we've tried is fresh and flavorful. Don't miss a stop a Diego's during your next trip to Newport.

Visited October 2013
Newport, Rhode Island
“Pinnacle of Southwesten cuisine!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

As an Executive Chef with over 30 years in the trade I have to say Diego's is hands down the best food to be had in Newport! If you go nowhere else, go to Diego's. Their Lamb burrito is nothing short of remarkable, the Calamari is an absolute culinary achievement in magnificence, and honestly the aroma and flavors dance across the table as its served to you! From the La Cerda tacos my wife had to the Tuna tostadas I fell in love with the venue and fair in the place is stunning. The service is welcoming and prompt with an atmosphere that is lively and energetic! But you must try the Habanero Bloody Mary, I never knew how good a bloody Mary COULD be! My only regret is that I didn't find this place until now, I WILL be going back and I am absolutely recommending this place to all my friends!

San Diego, California
“Very unpleasant”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Small menu, terrible derive, unpleasant wait. Would not recommend this to anyone in newport. I would recommend Cilantro Grill before Diego's

1 Thank jvanderhofe
Gibbstown, New Jersey
“Good but a bit pricey”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Ordered take-out from this restaurant. Both my husband and I had the Perfect Burrito, one chicken and one pork. Both were good and the aioli sauce that came on the side was absolutely delicious but all said and done the price was around thirty dollars for just 2 burritos.

Visited October 2013

Been to Diego's? Share your experiences!