“Very good choice!”
Review of Diego's

Diego's
Reserve with OpenTable
Diego's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 235 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Diegos is a casual Mexican Restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. Open year round for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Family owned restaurant that sits on Bowens Wharf next to shopping and hotels. Reservations and walk ins always welcome!
Connecticut
“Very good choice!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We drove over to Newport for the day and decided to have lunch at Diego's. This is a nice choice right on the wharf with outdoor seating under shady trees.

We started with the guacamole and chips which was excellent. We both ordered the fish tacos with grilled cod for lunch.

The tacos were good, fresh fish and tasty... They were truly a good choice. We were both so full for hours after we left.

If you are looking for lunch in Newport, give Diego's a try!

Long Island, New York
“Another Homerun”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Great gluten free menu, enjoyed sitting outside this time. Shared the gluten free corn nacho's as appy's, I had the gluten free chicken taco's and husband enjoyed the regular fish taco's, said the fish was very fresh. Only problem.... this time! the drinks were definitely watered down. Busy as ever with the ending of Boat weekend, service was great and the food as well.

North Kingstown, Rhode Island
“Fresh, Friendly and Gluten Free, too!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were reluctant to dine at a Mexican food restaurant as the gluten selections are generally scarce. We found just the opposite experience at Diego's. They provided a full and varied gluten free menu inlcuding appetizers and entrees. My husband and I both had the seafood tacos, mine was gluten free and his was from the regular menu. We both had the same reaction...delicious, fresh ingredients, wonderful spices, good sized portions and thick and tasty guacamole!
The service was attentive, knowledgeable and friendly.
There was a long wait for outdoor seating so we opted for a table inside where it was a bit loud. Prices are very reasonable especially considering the quantity and quality of the food.
It was a relief to eat Mexican food without worrying about gluten contamination.
Looking forward to a return trip to Diego's to further explore that generous menu!

Coventry, Connecticut
“Great Margaritta's!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Diegos has quickly become my go to spot. Located right in Bowens Wharf this is a great spot for lunch. The highlight of this place is their margaritta menue..they not only have about 10 different margaritta (and no they are not your traditional flavors like a chain restaurant). I typically go with the ultimate which is just a traditional marg with no sour mix, just fresh juices. My wife got the overboard which it tequila, mango and lime, witha rosemary salt rim. Typically I will also get the habanaro infused mag with the chipole rim. Overall, very create drinks and they all come in pitchers. For the food, you just can not expect the typical greasy mexican you will get from the chain places. Just imagine everything with the freshest ingredients around...and then you maybe able to picture what you get here. I will honestly say this is some of the feshest mexican food I ever had.

Visited September 2013
Newport, Rhode Island
“Might go back for drinks but the whole place made me a tad claustrophobic for a dinner!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Let me start off by saying we had our three children with us...not a good idea. The tables are two tops. Not sure if the other side had different tables but we were at a bistro type table. We had room for our water and that's about it. The selection didn't please me and the food wasn't the best. The whole seating arrangement was very uncomfortable. I would try again without kids and maybe just order drinks and skip the food.

• Visited January 2013

Been to Diego's? Share your experiences!