“Fun atmosphere and solid, fresh flavors”
Review of Diego's

Diego's
Reserve with OpenTable
Diego's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Diegos is a casual Mexican Restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. Open year round for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Family owned restaurant that sits on Bowens Wharf next to shopping and hotels. Reservations and walk ins always welcome!
Reviewed June 25, 2013

A great vibe here with uber fresh foods, a big bar business and we had yummy calamari, fish tacos and pulled pork spring rolls. All was delicious and our server was very warm and caring. We will return.

There are newer reviews for Diego's

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Cuts corners, minced not loaded fish (if you can see it in the tacos), too many fillers added, ie. tuna tartare now has diced chestnuts to replace the tuna...very overpriced

1  Thank sallyh44
Reviewed June 17, 2013

There's an interesting Mexican fusion thing going on at Diego's. The menu offerings are eclectic. I stuck to some of the basics. Guacamole which was a generous amount, fresh chips, and I sprung for a side of salsa fresca which tasted fresh and was a nice compliment to the guacamole. I also got grilled cod tacos which were excellent. The restaurant was very busy being tourist season in Newport, but the service was reasonable and everyone there seemed to be having a good time. I would definitely return to Diego's and try some of the other menu items that caught my eye.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I recently ate at Diego's on Bowen's Wharf because we wanted to eat outside. We live in RI, so we knew going in that everything on Bowen's is overpriced, but we decided to give it a try anyway. The atosphere is very nice and the patio seating is recommended. However, our table was situation on a slanted part of the patio, so things wanted to slide off (and our chips did once). My biggest issue with this restaurant is the price of the food relative to quality. My family had a guacamole app, two salads, a kids meal and two alcoholic drinks and the bill came to $75 before tip!! The guac appetizer was actually delicious, but for $12 is way too expensive. My salad with tofu was really good, but my wife was dissapointed in hers, saying it was drowning in sauce. Our biggest complaints were with the drinks. They do not have frozen drinks, so I opted for the recommended mojito which was aboslutely tasteless. Really strange. My wife had a white sangria, which was also tasteless. We've had Bartles & James that had more flavor.
For better mexican, it is worth the short work to Perro Salado, which is fantastic. Avoid this place unless desperate for Mexican on Bowen's Wharf.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

My wife and I were visiting Newport RI for a few days. Tripped over this place when walking through the wharf and wanted to give it a try. The Nachos we had as an app was great and the the main courses were even better. It was so good, we decided to come back there again the next day for Lunch before heading back home. Great place and awesome food.