“THE BEST BREAD I HAVE EVER HAD”
Review of Tallulah on Thames - CLOSED

Tallulah on Thames
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: This is a new restaurant. Farm to Table movement. Chef owned.
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Very Flexible!! You can order a la carte and the staff is great. Food was to die for!!!! I would love to come back

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We spent our first wedding anniversary in Newport on 15 June. Tallulah's came recommended from a couple that was staying at the same B&B. The meal was delicious and it was a great dining experience. All the staff were gracious and attentive.
You need to be prepared to have a relaxing, unhurried dinner. The chefs meticulously prepare the food to order. This is why it it an experience, many small plates of amazing food prepared to perfection.
We had a wonderful anniversary dinner! We highly recommend Tallulah's. I
K&L

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We are from Newport and this has always been one if our favorite places to eat. What happened??! Used to be able to get fine cuisine for your money but now you get only a "taste" for an extravagant price. Tiny pours of wine (3 oz???) am artisanal cheese plate on which you could barely find the cheese!! Main courses that were smaller than a small appetizer. Food tasted good but we left starving. All for nearly $100 a person! What a rip off!! We were afraid that dessert would be the size of a small ice cube so went to reliable old Frosty Freeze for an ice cream cone...so sad a great place gone really bad. I doubt we will ever go back. Can go to Bouchard's it Scales and do much better for a fair price,

4  Thank Revholt
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I gave this restaurant one star because it is full of its own virtue. Guess what? There are lots of restaurants that serve new, innovative ways to prepare food, but they don't rob their patrons blind. $400.00 for my husband and I to eat their six course meal. I would be perfectly willing to pay this price if we walked away satisfied; however, we paid $400.00 for a sampling of what should have been a meal. If this restaurant took each item from the it's six courses and put them all on a single plate, the totality of the plate would equal the density and substance of a Weight Watcher meal. We had to go out for burgers immediately after we paid the bill, and when I brought this to the attention of our server, she dismissed us. No one prepared us for the excessively small portion sizes, and I find that reprehensible because the wait staff serves as the ambassadors of this food. I should know ahead of time if I am going to walk away starving.

In the end, does it matter if the food is good if you get ripped off? As culinary expertise is necessary and valuable, it does not hang in a foyer for repeated moments of enjoyment, it does not play repetitively through technologically devices to recreate moments and relive memories; therefore, it needs to give its patrons their money's worth so they will come back: we will never come back because they robbed us blind and felt justified in doing so.

Not worth it - don't go...save your money and go to the spa...

7  Thank Melissa H
Reviewed May 9, 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure to dine here on a Thursday May evening and were mightily impressed. We had the chefs tasting menu and each case was a visual treat as well as a gastronomic delight. Too often there are lots of things on a plate, trying to be interesting but never all gelling. That was not the case here. Ingredients came together to produce some delicious innovative creations. The matched wines added to the experience, and as a couple of Aussies, the emphasis on American wines was an extra plus. Service was attentive and the chef circulates, helping here and there, and happily discussing his courses if asked. Some more information about the wine from the person pouring the different wines would be my only suggestion, but it was a small thing. Truly a satisfying meal in every way.