“Chefs tasting”

Tallulah on Thames
Ranked #44 of 232 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Description: This is a new restaurant. Farm to Table movement. Chef owned.
Branford, Connecticut
“Chefs tasting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had our first dinner here as a married couple. The staff was very, very friendly and made up feel very special. We decided to go with the 5 course chefs tasting, and are so glad we did. We are definitely foodies, and this meal didn't disappoint. I would say one of the top 5 meals I've had in a long time. Our waiter was extremely knowledgable and just a doll ! Can't wait to head back :)

Visited June 2013

Patchogue, NY
“The dinner here made our night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I put our names on the list for the Mooring but were told it would be an hour and a half wait, so we walked up and down the block and found this gem! I'm so glad the Mooring left us hanging!!!! We had really nice white wine and my prix fixe meal included the asparagus appetizer, I chose the roasted chicken for my meal and had NO room for dessert.....neither did my boyfriend. My dinner was delicious and he said the same of his. The portions are slightly smaller than what most places overfeed us with and they take longer to arrive at your table but that's one small detail you'll have to get over if you really want to have some great food.
Two more things: there were two couples around us celebrating anniversaries so the romance level is high here.
My only complaint was that the upstairs where we ate, was very humid. There was no fan or a/c running and it needed it. I'm not one to fuss about that stuff but I do have to say that it was a little annoying.

Trumbull, Connecticut
“Entertaining but skimpy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have heard about micro-dot ice cream but dining at Tallulah for our anniversary dinner took minimalism to a new level! We had the three-course dinner with wine pairings. The main entree
was acceptable but the appetizer (some kind of lobster dish) looked like someone squeezed a line of mayo over some tiny shrimp... and when the special lemon ginger cheesecake arrived for my husband, in all seriousness, I asked our server 'Where's the cheesecake?" He got about 2 teaspoons of something that resembled a pudding over "essence of pistachios" and some other
farm fresh tidbits. Tidbits. Skip the wine pairings -- the skimpy wine glasses arrive without the bottles from whence they were poured --we think the owners are laughing all the way to the bank.
The atmosphere is relaxed, I loved the jazz and my husband did not, and the waiter should
have been on stage. In sum, what we could find to eat we liked, but we stopped at Ben & Jerry's on the way back to our hotel to fill up. Would we go back? Most probably, not. Was our
evening ruined? Not.

1 Thank JANINE
New York City, New York
“Expected something better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Presentation was unique, fun and experimental. The servers were very attentive and knowledgable.
Unfortunately, the food was too salty for my taste and the hefty price ticket didn't help. Expect to pay about $35 for your roasted chicken.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great service, great food, give yourself plenty of time to enjoy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Wowza - this place was nice. We had the 3 course prix-fixe dinner and it was delicious. They had a chicken and vegetarian option (what I always look for as I don't eat beef or fish) and everything was unique. The service was great and our main waiter very attentive. Be prepared to spend some time here though, the courses are spread out (it's great they don't rush you!). They only reasons I didn't give it 5 stars is because 1) I wish they had more white wine by the glass options and 2) they used the same ingredients in multiple course (ex. pistachios is the appetizer and main, peas in almost everything). I'm sure this is due to the fact that it's locally sourced and there's only so many things that grow in New England. The restaurant itself is small and romantic, but we were a group of 4 and they easily accommodated us. Definitely try this if you're up for a nice, interesting and tasty meal!

Visited June 2013