“Great Sail”

$119.00*
and up
Full Day Newport Harbor Sail from New Hampshire
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy our sailing tours and sunset harbor cruises through Newport Harbor and Narragansett Bay aboard our classic sailing yacht Madeleine. We offer sailing harbor tours and sunset sailing cruises aboard a 72-foot schooner sailing yacht Madeleine, which was specifically designed and built to carry passengers easily and safely sailing through the local waters of Newport. The sailing yacht Madeleine maintains 19th century sailboat style with a 21st century sailing yacht comfort and convenience.
Long Island, New York
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Great Sail”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Great evening, great crew. Wonderful way to see Newport in the evening. Not crowded like other boats living the harbor.

Visited September 2013
CruiseNewport, General Manager at Schooner Madeleine, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your sail on Madeleine. Her evening sunset sail is the most popular sail we do. With all the boats out there to sail on, we're very happy you chose Madeleine. Hope to see you back with us on your next visit to Newport.

Patchogue, New York
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Great Harbor tour”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have seen Newport from the bay since 1969 stationed aboard a Navy Destroyer. This was a unique and wonderful to reacquaint me with a memory. The cruise is a great value for over 90 minutes underway. The 3 person crew were accessible and knowledgeable about the area and excellent seaman. While they had a running narrative they encouraged questions and were engaging with all the guests. This was a real boat and a real boat ride, not an amusement park attraction, so we were subject to the weather conditions. A little movement, slight heel on coming about should be expected. That said, the ride was smooth and exciting. In addition to being engaging hosts, the crew and Captain are capable mariners. Beautiful boat , great crew and lovely Newport made this a real winner and a great vacation value.

Visited September 2013
CruiseNewport, General Manager at Schooner Madeleine, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Im so glad you chose to sail on Madeleine - an to be able to relive memories from the days when you were stationed here in the bay. Even though so much of Newport has changes since the late 1960s, so much of the natural beauty in the bay remains the same. I have been in Newport since the 1970s and everytime I get out on the water, I am still in awe of the beauty around us. I hope that next time your in Newport, we can take you out sailing again on Madeleine OR try our 1929 classic motor yacht RumRunner II for more up-close views along the waterfront and we include a few stories about the Navy in Newport - some of which you can probably add to for us.
We look forward to seeing you on board again soon.
San Diego, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great view of the Bucket Regatta Yachts”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Fun relaxing sail. Great friendly crew. Only downside is now I want to go buy a boat I have no business even trying to sail.

Visited August 2013
Hi and thanks for your review of Madeleine. We love sailing and glad you love it too. Let us know if you go out and buy that sailboat so we can hear all about your experiances. If you dont buy your own boat (or even if you do), we would love to take you sailing again on Madeleine next time your here in Newport.
Madrid, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“relaxing, laid-back sail”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband, 8 year-old son and I went on the 12:30 sail on August 18, and had a wonderful time. I have been to Newport many times but had never been on a boat. This charter was the perfect pick for us. The Madeleine is an impeccably maintained sail boat with three masts - beautiful. The two women working at the ticket stand were helpful when i stopped by to get information and then when I called and booked the cruise. The crew of three (I can only recall the captain's name - Peter- ) added to a relaxing environment on the bay with their laid-back manner. The captain and crew knew a lot about the area and responded generously to guests' questions. Their relaxed demeanor was matched by their expertise in sailing the boat. We sailed in the Narragansett Bay past the Castle Hill Inn and just into the Atlantic. I highly recommend this charter. Unlike others sailing charters that I saw, ours had fewer people on board, which made for a more personal experience. If you want planned narration about the history of the area, I was told by the ticket desk to book with their Rum Runner boat. If you are looking for a relaxing sail with interesting conversation, book a sail on the Madeleine.

Visited August 2013
CruiseNewport, General Manager at Schooner Madeleine, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Sounds like you had a great time out sailing on Madeleine. We've taken a lot of people out sailing over the past 20 years and its so nice to hear how much our passengers enjoyed their sail. We're so glad you chose to sail on Madeleine while visiting Newport and I do hope that we get to have you sail on her again on your next visit.
Hull, MA
“Unbelievable experience”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

A lot of what made this a great experience was out of the control of the crew--the weather was near perfect and the sunset that particular evening was amazing. That said, the crew onboard were outstanding. They could not have been more helpful and friendly and they did an excellent job of mingling with the passengers and providing interesting--and funny--information about the surroundings and the vessel itself. They did not seem like "traditional" tour guides, bellowing out a canned presentation from a script. Again, they provided the information in a very friendly, informal way with the passengers.

Visited August 2013
Thank you for choosing Madeleine for your sunset sail - it was a picture perfect evening out on the bay. I would say that Madeleine's sunset sail is probably the most popular sail we do. Its always so nice to hear how our guests enjoyed their cruise so thank you again for letting us know how we did. Please come back again next time your in Newport, we would love to have you sail with us again.