Recommended experiences in and around Newport
from $63.00
from $26.00
from $39.95
from $30.00
More Info
All reviews tom and sue food tour would highly recommend this tour great tour culture sites mansion
Selected filters
Reviewed August 10, 2019

Tom was a wonderful tour guide.. leading us thru historic areas, waterfront sites, mansion gardens.. all while eating our way thru Newport. A great way to get history, food AND a guided tour.. all while enjoying a lovely stroll

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank Karen P
Reviewed July 11, 2019

It was such a beautiful, filling way to learn about Newport. Tom and Sue are the perfect guides. The places we stopped for food were excellent. I personally enjoyed the sliders, the rest of the food were great. The chicken and biscuits were so tasty, and the pizza was delish. I was full after the second stop. I enjoyed the gelato as well. The last stop was at O Brian's for an alcoholic beverage which was just fitting. So enjoyed this experience....highly recommend it.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank Lanel S
Reviewed May 15, 2019

WOW! What a great experience. Extremely knowledgeable and pleasant tour guide. Took me to the "off the beaten path" of Newport restaurants I never would have known existed. SOOOO happy they did this for me. All in all I found the food to be excellent and the french fries with cream, as a desert, was something I never would have experienced and found it to be delightful.
I have been on other tours in Newport and this is the best ever.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed November 18, 2018 via mobile

What a great tour!! The food, the history, the walking tour. Perfect mix. Tom & Susan are so enjoyable and accommodating. A great way to see Newport. Highly recommend!!!

Date of experience: November 2018
1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

This is a new endeavor for Tom and Sue and they are off to a great start. We particularly loved the history of the 5th ward and enjoyed being further south on Thames Street. Harry’s, Winner, Winner and Fatuli’s were delightful stops, but two others need improvement. The quality of pizza at Karma Pizza could easily be duplicated at the gas station in the next block. There’s gotta be better. And the treatment at O Brian’s was deplorable. We were served a “signature” cocktail in a plastic cup and were told the bartender would explain the ingredients. She just walked away and had to be called back to tell us the ingredients. Also we were seated in front of an open garage door and it was a windy cold day. Our hosts ask them to close the door. The manager refused saying there was a dog in the building and it had to remain open. There was only one other occupied table in the restaurant. Did they offer to move us? No. Tom and Sue-find someone who appreciates your business.

Date of experience: October 2018
2  Thank Fadipadi
Reviewed October 16, 2018

We had such a wonderful time on our "Foodie" tour. Tom and Sue were so friendly, shared interesting facts about the area and took us to some excellent eating establishments. Every place was one that we would gladly have returned to if time had allowed. We loved it and would highly recommend this tour!

Date of experience: October 2018