“Another Excellent Stay”

Spring Seasons Inn & Tea Room
Ranked #6 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed at the Spring Seasons Inn on business this past week for two nights, a Monday and Tuesday and into the snowstorm wednesday morning. Susan's breakfasts were just as good as i remember from my last visit and her scones are simply out of this world. Best scones I have ever had and i have had great ones in England and Ireland. Susan also has a very fine selection of loose teas and was happy to make me a pot ot two of my favorite, Bourbon Street Vanilla.

I had meetings at the Navy base during the week and had a long ride home to Virginia Wednesday morning. Susan's husband Bill was home that day due to a delayed opening. I figured I would leave early but the snow chnaged all that. When I went out to my car around 9:30, I was pleasantly surpriseed to see that Bill had the sidewalks and driveway completely cleared of snow in addition to my car being cleared of snow. This was very nice of him to do.

The bed was very comfortable and the sitting area in the Venice Suite allowed me to relax with the TV on while I caught up on some last minute work. I would recommend the Spring Seasons Inn to anyone looking for a a very nice place to stay in Newport, whether on business or with your wife or husband for a romatic weekend.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Spring Seasons Inn & Tea Room

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We spent two nights in the Venice Room and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was clean, spacious, and well maintained. Prior to booking, I was skeptical of the wood paneling in the bathroom and thought it might be very outdated, but it was totally fine (Susan explained the prior owner had a nautical theme). The large tub was great to relax and soak in. The B&B is very centrally located and within walking or biking distance from almost everything we wanted to do. The only thing we didn't like was the communal breakfast table. We are very social people, but found it so painful to make awkward conversation with another couple during breakfast (and especially before we had our coffee!) that we skipped it the second day. We assumed the table was essential to the tea room experience, but would have preferred smaller tables without forced conversation.

Room Tip: The Venice Room is next to the tea room. If you're a light sleeper, you may hear people eating...
Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2013

The high tea was wonderful. Every item was delicious and beautify displayed. It is a small area but very relaxing and decorated lovely. We can't wait to return this coming year. It was a perfect place to have tea with friends.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Bill and Susan Farrell's Inn (B & B) a year ago, last October, 2012. It was such a great experience, we decided to book with them again. We stayed there from October 16 - 17, 2013, in the Venice Room--king bed, very cozy living room and a large, well equipped bathroom. Breakfast is served in a beautiful room, with soft music playing in the background. Susan gives you delicious, healthy choices to pick from.
Her knowledge of Newport is excellent. Any help or questions of things to do in the town are right there with her. And I might add, she has great suggestions of places to eat amongst the many, many restaurants in Newport. Our stay was more than perfect, this time. We felt as though we really made two new friends--Susan and Bill, and I might add, her two cats. Please give them and their Inn heavy consideration when looking for a place to stay in Newport. There is not a hotel (and maybe other B & B's) that can compare to their hospitality, comfort and knowledge. Give it a try. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed here for three enjoyable and relaxing nights and would recommend it to others, with a couple of caveats:
- if you've large/heavy luggage be aware of the steep stone steps up to the front door and book a room on the ground floor.
- the Venice suite is spacious overall, but there's not much room either side of the bed. Also there's a shallow step between the bedroom and lounge areas which can catch you unawares. Both can be a problem if you suffer from stiff knees!
Now for all the positive points:
The inn is an old house with polished wooden floors, rugs, ceiling fans and exposed brickwork on some walls. All very clean and shiny.
With such a small number of rooms you really feel like part of the household and get to have enjoyable conversations with a variety of different people over the communal breakfast table. Breakfasts themselves are excellent and Susan makes a point of catering to different tastes/diets.
Without being at all pushy, various discounted local trips will be offered. We followed up on two and found this to be a good value, trouble-free method of booking.
We also found it useful to have sample menus from a lot of the surrounding restaurants to refer to. All were within easy walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed two nights in the Vienna room and had a fabulous weekend. Spring Seasons is well located and we easily got around town. The room was comfortable and clean. Susan's breakfasts were delicious. Susan and Bill gave us restaurant and tour tips and all of them worked out beautifully. I would definitely come back and recommend Spring Seasons.

Room Tip: The Vienna Room was quiet and spacious.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Owners Susan and Bill Farrell made our stay at their B&B a memorable and enjoyable one. Our room was clean (and I am extremely picky about cleanliness) and Susan made us feel welcome and was attentive to our needs, but not at all overbearing. We especially enjoyed the breakfasts she made. Delicious! My wife and I stayed for 4 nights and we had a wonderful time. We will definitely return to this gem of a Newport B&B.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple