“I was aprehensive, but there was no need to be!”
Review of Segway of Newport

Segway of Newport
Ranked #22 of 57 Tours in Newport
More attraction details
Owner description: Segway of Newport offers tours of Newport, RI on a Segway PT! Experience all Newport has to offer while gliding effortless on this electric transportation. No experience required, just a driver's license and the ability to have a great time! We are now renting electric bikes and pedal bikes. Stop in and see our new location on Lower Thames Street.
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We were in Newport on a cruise ship on October 1st and wanted to do something that was both fun and showed us some sights.
When we arrived we we're greeted by our guide who was both patient and a great teacher for two people who had not ridden a Segway before.
We spent some time learning the basics and testing our skills on a small course before setting out on the streets of Newport. We did the ocean road tour which really showed off the beautiful coastline, the incredible mansions and that Newport is known for and some spectacular gardens.
Not once during the 2 hour tour did I feel unsafe, I'd even go as far to say that riding a Segway is much easier than riding a bike!
I would whole-heartedly recommend Segway of Newport to anyone who wants to see more than you would on a walking tour, but doesn't want to be stuck on a bus.
Jump on a Segway and get out in the fresh air!

2  Thank NicSiSi

Reviewed September 25, 2011

We were in a small group, totalling 6 which was fantastic as is became so much more personal. Lesley, our guide was brilliant, and this has to be the best way to see Newport.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

When my husband and I visited Newport one thing he wanted me to do with him was the segway tour. He had ridden a segway before but I had not. What a blast! The tour operators were delightful and we enjoyed meeting the others on the tour as well. Made friends with one couple and shared lunch afterward! Loved seeing all the homes along the seashore, the views and the salt air. All at the perfect speed!
Highly recommend!

Reviewed September 20, 2011

Simply said, we had a great time. Jenna was a good teacher and a wealth of information.

Reviewed September 19, 2011

A great way to see Ocean Drive. Much more leisurely than driving and. More relaxing. Would recommend this to anyone

Been to Segway of Newport? Share your experiences!