“Perfect”

Ranked #51 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2004

I have been to Newport, RI, six times, and every time has been "enjoyable." But this last time (Labor Day weekend 2004) was the best stay I ever had in Newport, thanks to Linda and Paul, the owners of the Kitt Shepley House. I have stayed at B&Bs before and have had awful experiences...but not with the Kitt Shepley. Everything was perfect. First, the location of the Kitt Shepley is only two blocks from Thames. So just park your car in the driveway and leave it there for your entire vacation. Secondly, the breakfasts in the morning were huge and delicious. It kept us full through lunch. (My only complaint is that they don’t serve dinner as well!) The rooms were so very fantastical: large and comfortable so that you never needed or wanted to leave your room. Everything was provided for us, from chocolates and bottled water in our room to toothpaste and shampoo and conditioner. Linda and Paul were the most delightful, kind people. They never bothered us and were always there when/if we needed them. We could come and go whenever and however we wanted. From now on, I will ALWAYS stay at the Kitt Shepley when I visit Newport. I actually want to keep this B&B a secret...all for myself.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Fairfax, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2004

As soon as we arrived at the Kitt Shepley House, I knew that I had picked the perfect place to stay in Newport. The house and the gardens in front were beautiful, as was our room. Linda and Paul were great hosts! Our breakfast each morning was delicious. We really loved that we were able to park our car and walk to everything. We will return!

7 Thank beans