“It was amazing!”

La Farge Perry House
Ranked #9 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 1, 2014

First off I would like to just say that this place is unbelievably beautiful.

I had no complaints whatsoever. This stay was a surprise planned by me for my boyfriend and I. We arrived earlier than check_in time and were still greeted with open arms. We were given a tour by Marise (she is wonderful and made us feel like we were at home). It was easy to find and close to Thames Street which is a plus, not so much for us since it was freezing out, but in the summer time it would be great! Plenty of parking, easy in & out for the guests. They were full the night we stayed and had no issues as far as the other guests, other than it was a bit noisy, but since it was New Years Eve it was to be expected. We stayed in the Master Suite, which was gorgeous. The bedroom was amazing. It was so comfortable and cozy. Everything was clean and decorative pieces set up so perfectly. A lot of storage throughout and space to move around in the suite. I loved all the lighting, almost all of the lights had dimmers. The bathroom, whoa! Bigger than my apartment. Loved the shower, two heads, granite ....it was amazing. The his and hers sink were also great too, we had a lot of room to get ready to go out for New Years Eve. The jacuzzi tub also was lovely! The soaps and lotions were great too, they smelled so good! Plenty of towels as well. We were only there for one night and we took at least 6 showers/baths! The fridge came in handy and was stocked with water. The tv also came in handy to watch the ball drop. The second bedroom was also beautiful and comfortable if we had brought additional guests, maybe next time! The toilet room was also pretty neat and had a beautiful glass stained window. A bidet was also in the toilet room.

The entry way and common areas were also beautiful and decorated for christmas. The dining area was so perfectly set up from the food to the place settings. We ate breakfast in an area off of the main dining table that had giant windows to let the sun shine in. Marise also did a lovely job with the food. I have celiac and can't eat many things and my boyfriend is somewhat picky. But in the end we both were able to have some choices and they were healthy & delicious!

It was nice to talk to Marise here and there as well. She is very kind and seems like a fun person. She was friendly, but she wasn't overbearing at all. She manages the b & b very well, kudos to her! She also suggested many things for use to do and to check out while there! She seemed genuinely interested in our plans.

I found this b & b when I googled "hotels with a jacuzzi". I checked out the website and read review after review. I chose it because not only is Newport a lovely place to stay but the reviews were all amazing. We were very pleased with our stay here and would definitely visit again. Also, I was very surprised with the 'off season' weekday rates and how low they were on comparison to weekend/summer rates (which I guess is also expected due to the nature of newport). The rate I paid was well worth the stay!

• Stayed: December 2013
There are newer reviews for La Farge Perry House

Reviewed December 28, 2013

For Christmas, I had the priviledge of staying at this lovely B & B and had a wonderful time. The house is in a spendid location and walkable to most things that everyone who comes to Newport wishes to see. The house is simply beautiful but what makes this lovely house the best place to be, is the wonderful innkeeper Marise. This was my first Christmas without my wonderful dad and I asked Marise if she could perhaps buy a small tree for the room. She did this and so much more by decorating it with beautiful white lights and little red birds. I had sent the stockings for myself, husband and daughter. She strung them from one side of the four poster bed, to the other. She even filled the stockings with little treats!!! Marise is an absolute delight and an absolutely great cook as well. Her pancakes are delicious as was my favorite, an omelet. I would say that she has the perfect traits to make a perfect hotess. Everything was wonderful and I am excited to go back in May. Marise helped so much to make a wonderful memory for Christmas 2013!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful but if stairs are a problem, the lovely John LaFarge Room is right as yo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I decided to have a little getaway. We chose the LaFarge Perry as our location due to reviews. We were not displeased. Marise was very accommodating without being obtrusive. She recommended restaurants to us, which we very much enjoyed and recommended which mansions to tour and other local information. The house is very nice and full of character. We enjoyed hanging out by the fireplace off the kitchen and breakfast off the dining room. Great place, very clean, and good location. Looking forward to when we can go again. Thanks!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed there unfortunately only for two days, that was too short, far too short
Our suite, the Matthew Perry, was on the third floor, not so easy to go up there with a lot of baggage..
BUT: Perfect room, nice view, very comfortable bed, luxury bath, and very very quiet.
The inkeeper, Marisa, was very friendly and helpful, she really found an answer to absolutely all questions, excellent.
Nearly everything is in walking distance, so you can leave the car there.
Summary: One of the best BnB's we have ever been.
By the way, the breakfast room is spectacular...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed here for a long weekend with my fiancé Spring 2013. It's definitely one of the nicer inns in Newport - very beautiful, charming, clean, and just overall high quality. This inn does not cut corners in anything and you get the 5 star treatment. It's more "luxurious" and perfect for a romantic stay. Jen the innkeeper was great - so nice and friendly! She makes delicious made to order breakfast and you get a true inn experience. Absolutely no negatives about this place.

We stayed in the Matthew Perry room and found it really great. It has a small little sitting room right when you walk in and very charming ceilings (its on the 3rd floor - walk up). The bathroom was awesome - big window with lots of sun.

The inn is walking distance to the harbor area and Thames St - great location.

Highly recommended!!! We will definitely be back. (Of the ten or so Newport inns we've stayed in, it's definitely one of our favorites!)

Room Tip: We stayed in the Matthew Perry - lots of sun light!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kofee728
Reviewed October 22, 2013

La Farge Perry is a beautiful B&B. We stayed in the master suite and it was truly a luxurious stay with a big Jacuzzi tub. Marise was gracious and a wealth of information on what to do in Newport. The food was amazing and it felt like I was just at home. l would highly recommend it to everyone. We can't wait to come back.
The Patels & Greers

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The La Farge is an old house, filled with character and antiques together with high standards of service, comfort and care. We had one of the smaller rooms, but still plenty big enough and the bath was huge. This is a high end inn and has all of the extras that you would expect, but without the formailty. Marise was really helpful and showed us the other rooms which were amazing. We had a good breakfast and could easily have stayed a few more days

Room Tip: If you can afford one of the bigger rooms they are amazing
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple