Newport Bay Club has a lot of pluses and also a few minuses. On the plus side is location, location, location. It is in downtown Newport in walking distance of many historic sites, the waterfront, shopping and many good restaurants. It has a gated parking lot where you can leave your car and walk to much of the town.
The staff is friendly and accommodating. There is free wifi, and our one bedroom suite was spacious with a comfortable bed. It was clean and it had an updated bathroom with a very large tiled shower. The kitchenette has a frig, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, dishwasher and granite counter tops. There is a free continental breakfast. The coffee is very good and they also provide yogurt, milk and fresh fruit. The muffins and sweet rolls wrapped in saran wrap are nothing special as others mentioned.
On the downside, our suite had an odd smell. I’ve noticed it before in ocean side hotels where the humidity is high. I didn’t see any signs of mold or anything that could be causing the smell. We eventually got used to it.
The other issue is the weekend noise. There was no problem during the week, but on the weekend we heard noise late at night. As other reviewers mentioned, there is a bar/club in the basement of the building. So we asked for a room on an upper floor. We were on the 3rd floor at the front end of the building near the street. We heard no noise from the bar in the basement, but there was a popular restaurant, the Red Parrot on the street corner opposite our room. We heard noise and music from the restaurant past midnight on Friday and Saturday. During the week there was no noise.
Balancing the pluses and minuses, I would stay there again. I would ask for a room on the 3rd or 4th floor at the end of the building away from the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Club is an all-suite hotel located on the Harborfront in downtown Newport, RI. Beautiful one and two bedroom suites and multi level townhouses with kitchens, living and dining areas. Sweeping views from our private outside decks. Located at the intersection of America's Cup Avenue and Thames Street, this prime address allows you to leave your vehicle in our private lot (parking is included for ONE vehicle only) and walk to all of downtown Newport's offerings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Newport Bay Club & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Bay Club And Hotel
- Newport Bay Club Hotel Newport
- Newport Bay Hotel
- Bay Club Newport