$450
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $557/night.

The Attwater(Newport)
$305
$289
Priceline
  • Pool
The Chanler at Cliff Walk(Newport)
$750
Agoda.com
$835
All reviewsocean cliffsafari roomporch overlooking the waterdaughter's weddingbed mattressoverlooking narragansett bayevent staffwedding venuecontinental breakfastbeautiful sunsethotel is beautifulmy husband and ioff seasontimesharegueststoasterlawn
Reviewed July 9, 2016

Three days (July 4th, 5th and 6th) with completely different experiences. This is one of New England's busiest wedding venues and no wonder - amazing water views, open to the sunset, ideal public rooms for small or large occasions inside and out. However, if you are a regular guest and multiple weddings are going on, you might feel like a second class guest as the swirl of banquets goes on around you. That was the feeling we had on July 4th An army of young employees were doing an excellent job trying to keep service levels up but were obviously under pressure. Upper management must have been on site somewhere but there was little evidence of them at dinner. The menu seemed limited but two of our party of three enjoyed their entrees. Off to bed with worries that our desire for an old fashioned stay in a gracious hotel would not be met. We woke up the next morning to an strangely empty hotel. Continental breakfast attended only occasionally by a member of the Front Desk (not surprising if the hotel was empty). We had been advised that the dining room would be closed on Tuesday evenings but we did not expect the bar to be closed and zero food service offered instead, especially in high season. Again, no sign of management.

. Room 10 is a little delight. Management needs to spend a night in 6A - the bed is the noisiest we have ever experienced and I mean ever! Both were clean and well presented. This is a converted older home, not purpose built, but comfortable.So, why a Very Good rating? Location is wonderful if you want to stay away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Newport. Views are simply stunning and service was good when it was available. We are retired but I would have booked the hotel in a heartbeat for a convention back when I was working!

Stayed: July 2016
2  Thank BillandGloria
Reviewed July 5, 2016

We stayed here the night of 7/3. After coming back from downtown around 10:45 we wanted to have a cocktail and enjoy the spectacular views. We went to the Safari Bar and were told that because of a wedding after-party, the bar was closed (really? 4th of July weekend at 11:00?). We went to the front desk to see if they could help and the manager made a sarcastic comment of "alcoholic?". The worst part was that there were folks running around with drinks. My wife and I felt like second-class citizens even though we were paying top dollar for the room. In addition, the continental breakfast needs some attention. We actually had a better continental breakfast at the Orlando Airport Holiday Inn Express during our Disney trip.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Ryan C
Kristen W, Public Relations Manager at OceanCliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2016

Dear Ryan C, thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we're very sorry to hear about the experience you had during your stay. The Safari Room was closed in line with their normal business hours for that day (11:30am-9pm) and after speaking with the staff, they explained they were verifying whether you were requesting an alcoholic beverage or a non-alcoholic beverage as they would have only been able to assist with a non-alcoholic beverage. We are also working with our Chef to make improvements to our continental breakfast.

Nevertheless, we never enjoy hearing when our guests are less than satisfied and hope that despite this initial visit, you will come back and give us another try.

Reviewed July 4, 2016

Attended a wedding at this hotel. Bride, groom and many guests stayed in this hotel. The view from the backyard is magnificent, especially at sunset because the hotel is facing west. Cannot tell anything about quality of the hotel itself but location and its look are superb.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends
Kristen W, Public Relations Manager at OceanCliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2016

Dear Mayfielder, thank you for visiting us at OceanCliff and taking the time to leave us a wonderful review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the view from our lawn. We hope you'll come back and visit us again, perhaps for a sunset cocktail at the Safari Room! Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed June 21, 2016

Went to a wedding here this past weekend. It was spectacular! The view, the food, the setting, the service, etc....everything top notch. Saw some of the photos and they were gorgeous with the view and sunset. It seemed like a fairy tale setting.

Room Tip: Didn't stay here. Just attended the wedding, but other family seemed very happy.
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathy51766
Reviewed June 2, 2016

I stayed at Ocean Cliff Hotel (not the condos nearby) last week (May) for several days. My son's wedding and reception were held at the property. I have to say that the entire experience was so amazing that any minor issues due to the age of the hotel were completely overlooked or forgiven. Many of the wedding party and guests stayed on site and I believe we filled most of the rooms. I was able to walk through all the rooms ahead of time. Each room is unique. Reading some of the negative posts below, I would have to disagree. Yes, some rooms have advantages over others. However, all are beautiful. You just have to choose the style of room that you want based on your needs I.E. workspace, view etc. The third floor does have some smaller rooms that have a separate private bath (historic rooms). However, there is an amazing suite up there with the most beautiful view. I stayed in the carriage house at the entrance of the property. It has four bedrooms and three baths. The staff was very attentive and I heard from many of the guests that the bell hops are very helpful assisting with bags. So, again, I have to disagree with the complaint that there is no elevator and you have to lug your bags up flights of stairs. I have stayed at other historic boutique hotels in Newport and it is the same. I cannot describe how lovely this hotel is and do it justice. Unfortunately, there are no online pictures that truly show how magnificent the property is. I did not see a pool and a Jacuzzi but there were guests who talked about them??? Unless they were staying in the condos next door or had too much champagne, I believe them. If you are the type of person who looks at the glass as half full, you will feel so rewarded to have had the opportunity to stay at OceanCliff. The drive from town is down a lovely back road that passes Fort Adams, an old revolutionary fort and park. If you pass the hotel and merge onto Ocean Road, you will be treated with the most beautiful scenery. If you are considering OceanCliff as a venue for your own wedding, I highly recommend it. Most of our guests were from out of state. I was concerned as to what their opinions of the venue would be. Many were from Florida, the Jersey coast, and California. Four of the bridesmaids were wedding/event planners themselves working in tropical resorts. Everyone was amazed at how gorgeous the wedding was. A big thank you to the OceanCliff staff for a dream come true! I don't want to attach pictures with guests in them but I am adding some pics of the property.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank lmr0630
Kristen W, Public Relations Manager at OceanCliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2016

Dear lmr0630, thank you for choosing to stay with us at OceanCliff and for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review. We are so happy to hear that your son's wedding was a success. It sounds like you had a lovely visit and it is great to hear that you really enjoyed the uniqueness and historic charm of each of our guest rooms. And yes, the pool is located at the condos next door. It is a little confusing since we share the same name. Overall, it sounds like you had an amazing time which we always love to hear. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future!