New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersGold level
Bristol, CT
“Felt Like Home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Pat is a cheerful and accommodating host, an excellent cook, and very knowledgeable about the Newport area and its history. My husband and I stayed for two nights while in town to attend the Halloween party at Belcourt Castle, and we were so pleased with the Harborview Suite! It was really a special treat and I recommend this place to any couple looking for a little getaway. Thanks Pat! See you next year!

Room Tip: Definitely splurge on the Harborview Suite!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I booked a room at Spring street inn as it was consistently named as 1 of the top 10 B&Bs in Newport. I could not have made a better choice.
My room at Spring street inn had a canopy bed & a stunning red chaise lounge in it. Pat. the host , was extremely warm & friendly & greeted me at the door. She offered me lifts in the neighbourhood when I had to pull my heavy luggage along & did not drive. She prepared refreshing lemonade & cookies for my snacks upon my late arrival.
She cooked the breakfast in the morning. I ordered the blueberry crepes & the crepes were delicious! She offered me tips & great advice on attractions in Newport & new York(my destination after Newport). Service from the heart! In addition, this top B&B had a great collection of travel books & magazines which would entice any traveller. If you are stopping by Newport, you have to stay at springstreet inn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank taysiewhua
Westford, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this inn for our anniversay. This inn has a great location - you can walk to almost everything. It also has parking if you need to bring a car, but make it a small car as parking is tight. We stayed in the Harborview suite on the 3rd floor which had a small deck with a great view of the harbor (also great view from livingroom). I would caution that if you have difficulty climbing stairs, you should not consider this suite as the flight of stairs to the 3rd floor are a bit steep and treachorous (typical of homes of this era).

Breakfast was nice - served a quiche, french toast/waffles, scrambled eggs, sausages, home fries, hot biscuits, hot muffins, fresh fruit, yogurt, cold cereal, juice, coffee, and tea. The innkeeper, Pat, has quite a selection. Pat is also extremely friendly and knowledgeable. She recommended a great restaurant to celebrate our anniversary.

Room Tip: Stairs to 3rd floor are steep so make sure you are able to deal with this if you choose a room there...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My sister and I traveled the long trip from Australia to the best welcome in Newport ! To be met by Patricia, the kindest, warmest, best cook and tour director made us feel immediately at home in the Rose Room at Spring Street. Our five nights and days, full of memorable experiences, sights, great food, especially Patricia's gourmet breakfasts were all treats for sore eyes and feet! We loved the cool drinks and madelines left for afternoon tea after long days viewing mansions and having " dark & stormies" on board a fully furled ketch sailing around the Newport harbour!
The comfy beds,air conditioned rooms, clean towels every day were very much appreciated.
Patricia helped us to get the most from Newport and its special attractions with her generous advice and exceptional knowledge.Thank you Patricia,for sharing your home with us. We hope that many others will enjoy the same privilege.
best wishes from Suzanne and Paula, Australia

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

It is always a pleasure to stay here. This B&B is only 2 blocks from Thames Street and 3 from Bellevue. Pat is fantastic and makes you feel very welcome. She has lots of ideas for things to do in the area. My friends and I look forward to coming back every year--next year will be at least the 5th time we've stayed here. Yes, it's that lovely!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We just returned from Newport and a stay at the Spring Street Inn. We enjoyed our stay very much. The B&B was centrally located to all of the must see attractions of Newport. Pat, the owner, was so well informed of the area and an excellent cook!

Room Tip: We stayed in the the 3rd floor suite, which provided a great view of the harbor and was far enough a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

While I did not stay at this Inn, I showed up there by mistake and should have been somewhere else. The owner initially complained about how I parked and seemed rude. When she realized my girlfriend and I were not her guests her demeanor changed even more towards the rude and condescending. She said the inn that we wanted was by the men's shelter and that she has been in business so many years and they have not.

Her whole attitude was about herself and in no way did she try to get us to our correct destination. Once again, while I did not stay there, I would not recommend this inn because of her poor attitude. A common courtesy would have been to tell us how to get to our destination and be polite about it. She was nothing of the sort!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple