“Fair Street Guest House is a charming B&B, with a great staff and wonderful accommodations..”

and 1 more site!
Fair Street Guest House
Ranked #32 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 12, 2009

I spent the Fourth of July at Fair Street Guest house, with my brother and my children. Denise and Wayne provided us with a large, beautiful room. The room was very comfortable and had a private bath with plenty of sleeping space. In the morning, we ate our delicious breakfast on the back deck, overlooking a incredible looking garden. My children especially loved the fish and turtles in the pond. My family and I enjoyed staying at the B&B because of it prime location to all the towns festivities. Denise and Wayne also gave us great tips on all the local sightseeing areas in town. I would highly recommend this B&B and I look forward to my return next summer.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed June 29, 2009

Wayne & Denise offer so much more than a cozy room at the end of the night. They're extremely knowledgeable and friendly and willing to accommodate. I've stayed here many times over the years and reccommend them to everyone. Located right behind the Red Parrot on Thames, the location can't be beat. Outstanding value.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2009

I was traveling on Business for the Newport International Boat Show and our company stays here every year. This was my first stay and I enjoyed it a lot! It is in a great location but remains quiet during the nightlife hours. I am looking forward to going back this year!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank likes2travel07
Reviewed June 25, 2009

We have been guests at the Fair Street Guest House for more than 10 years. We are always made to feel like we are at home, Wayne's breakfasts are wonderful and the gardens are peaceful and inviting. We are within walking distance to most of the town, the mansions and the beach ( if you're up for a 1 mile walk). We wouldn't think about staying anywhere else when we visit Newport, Rhode Island. This B&B is 10+.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank BrenMaine
Reviewed June 23, 2009

My boyfriend and I were in town for a wedding. It has been many years since I have visited Newport but this was by far one of the best weekends I have ever had in this town. The accomodations were much more than I expected. Our room was clean, quiet, and spacious. Our hosts were very friendly and attentive. Many of the wedding guests stayed as well and it was a perfect central location that provided us great access to the water, bars, and restaurants. Also, the breakfast provided in the main house made-to-order was absolutely amazing.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chmeyer187
Reviewed May 25, 2009

Stayed at Guest House with my wife on Memorial Day weekend. Location is great, everything is 2 min walk ... shops, food etc. Guest House keepers are great people, very warm and welcoming. Breakfast is great, cooked right there, you feel like you are at home. Parking on premises. A little pricey, but hey,everything in Newport is pricey. Rooms are clean, neat and welcoming. Would stay there again. We had a good time, problem free.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2009

What a great time we had. A quick family get a way to lessen the doldrums of Christmas vacation, Myself and 3 children along with a good friend and her children escaped to this fantastic B&B. Our children where welcomed and treated as though they where as important as any adult. They had tea and cookies in the kitchen with Innkeeper and cook Wayne. Felloe Innkeeper Denise, kept the rest of us wined and dined. Kids off to bed, adults adjourn to the sitting area and chat the night away. Great location, we walked around downtown, went iceskating and sledding. Imagine how much fun we will have when Newport is in season!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family