“Lovely tapas ”
Review of Stoneacre Tapas

Stoneacre Tapas
Reserve with OpenTable
Stoneacre Tapas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 255 Restaurants in Newport
Description: Stoneacre Tapas (previously known as La Vasca) is a Basque style restaurant and wine bar, opened in the winter of 2017. We opened as the sister restaurant to Stoneacre Pantry, previously located at the same location. Our focus is the deep traditions of Northern Spain & Southern France with the great food and connections made while sitting around a table with family and friends. Sustainable sourcing is our responsibility. We use the many benefits the land and sea have to offer, using all of New England and its resources, to try to bring the flavors of the Basque region to Newport. Our menu consists of Pintxos, Tapas, hot and cold small plates and a selection of entrees. We will always do our best to accommodate any restrictions, allergies and dislikes.
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Very very attentive staff. We had a lovely selection of tapas, none of which disappointed. Certainly recommend this restaurant and I’m sure we would eat here again even with the huge variety of places to eat in Newport.

Reviewed July 31, 2018

Went to Stoneacre Tapas after reading the reviews and seeing the photos. Ordered Ceviche of the day(scallop), Shishito peppers, Sardine, Octopus, Meatball. the Ceviche was okay (it would have been better if the fish sauce wasn't so dominant - the delicate flavor of raw scallop was no where to be found.) BUT when the Shisito peppers arrived, I could not even bear to look at it - how could you do this to this dish???!!! I was speechless. This is very HARD dish to mess up! Then Sardine came out and one bite was all it took - holy cow. SALTY-PRE MADE fish! Then Octopus came... and I knew there was no hope so salvation. I had to talk to the woman and she was gracious enough to offer no bill and my daughter and I left with gratitude and headed to Jade Cricket for dinner... I take no pleasure writing this review since I want a great Tapas restaurant near me in walking distance. Our love of Spanish food led us to Barcelona for food trip. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the restaurant owner can fix this problem and can produce decent Spanish Tapas? Please talk to the Red Dory restaurant chef in Tiverton to find out how to make the shishito peppers. or Ken Oringer...

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed eating outside. Menu had many choices. Service was attentive and attuned to providing alternatives due to allergies. Strange eating against the fence, when a car backed into their parking spot, just inches from my chair. I’d definitely go back.

Reviewed July 16, 2018

Went there on a Tuesday afternoon and the place was sparsely attended. The Half Paella Valenciana ($26.00) was just boring. No kick or exceptional tastes to it. The mussels ($12.00) were average and the broth runny. The Rose Sangria pitcher was decent but priced at $36.00,
In spite of the fact that there was practically no one in the main dining room the server staff ignored our table and congregated by the service bar the whole time.
Was a disappointing experience in a town of many great locations

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went to this quaint restaurant for our anniversary. We sat outside in their cute fenced in patio area. Tables we a bit small but they fit the quaint atmosphere. We ended up having 4 tapas dishes and the half paella which filled us sufficiently. Everything was delicious. The paella was perfect! We would definitely come back here. The service was wonderful, very homey, almost felt like we were guests in someone’s home. Wish we had room for dessert!