“Bit Players Will Make You Laugh Quite A Bit”
Review of Firehouse Theater

Firehouse Theater
Ranked #1 of 4 Fun & Games in Newport
More attraction details
Owner description: The Firehouse Theater has become RI's most award winning comedy and live performance spot with their house group, The Bit Players earning the title of "Best Comedy Night" and "Comedy Troupe of the Year" multiple times and various special events & shows throughout the year. Hilarious improv performances, modeled after the hit show "Whose Line is it Anyway" can be seen EVERY Friday at 8PM & Saturday at 8PM & 10PM ALL YEAR LONG. Plus, they offer additional show times in the summer along with classes, workshops, and private parties all year. Every show is BYOB! Coming for a special event? Let us know ahead of time and we will make the guest(s) of honor a special part of the show. We also offer private parties at the Firehouse. Didn't miss a moment of funny. Laugh More.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I'm a Rhode Islander, but don't get to Newport but once every couple of years. This summer my wife talked me into going, but we're getting old and the bar scene is no longer our cup of tea. Did a little research and read of an improv group called Bit Players (maybe The Bit Players?) who do their thing at the Firehouse Theater on Saturday nights. Fortunately I thought to call for reservations, and good thing I did because we wouldn't have gotten in without them on this particular night.

Well the group was so hilarious that I decided to take another trip to Newport a couple of weekends ago just to see them again. I figured no way I would need reservations in Newport's off-season, but I said what the heck, and made them anyway. Well lo and behold, I learned a lesson. The comedy show is so popular that even this time of year you better make reservations if you want in.

Oh, the first time I didn't know it was bring your own alcohol, but this time I knew. They were fall on the floor funny without a cocktail, but having a drink or two definitely enhanced the fun so bring a bottle of wine or a six-pack if you like a drink with your comedy. Can't recommend them highly enough! I might even get to Newport more often!!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Loved this comedy show! You could go back every weekend and not see the same show twice. Comedians were friendly and entertaining. I could tell they really enjoyed what they were doing! Tickets are inexpensive. We called ahead and made reservations. BYOB. Get there early for parking. No parking lot, but those don't exist in Newport anyway!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We went to the show on Saturday night. It was great! A must see for a good time! I was not sure what to expect, and was very pleasently surprised at the fun, excitement! It was a great show and a must see if you are in the area!!!

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

The performers were energetic and clearly enjoy what they do which made them even more fun to watch. The skits were all created spontaneously based on audience suggestions. BYOB, (water and soda available there) have a couple of drinks and spend a couple of entertaining hours laughing out loud. A fun, affordable and different way to spend an evening out in Newport.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

This group of young, talented people know their stuff. They entertain you with Improv comedy skits that are fast-moving and funny. They use suggestions from the audience in their skits and they will do really silly things. It's BYOB, although they also provide bottled water and hot cocoa/tea. They even have a piano player before the show starts. Shows are 2-3 nights per week (check their website for details). Tickets are $15.00 but I think they have a coupon on their website. You should call to reserve tickets. I have been 3 times and I will go back again. A fun night out with lots of laughs!