“So far ok”

Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Newport
Hinesville, Georgia, United States
“So far ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

My first time in Newport Rhode Island,i ended up at the visitor center where they also sell peter pan bus tickets.Didn't want to have no room,so a lady at the lodgings desk found me a room vacancy,so far so good at the harbor base pineapple inn at the city limit between newport and middletown.Had trouble with the swipe card,so a nearby resident helped and i got the hang of using it.In the room,nice beds,i slept on top for i believed all places might have a possibility of bed bugs.tv cable worked right.bedspreads looked ok.lights worked.water worked.coffee maker in room.paid $163 for this double bed room.this place looked more like a motel.The sink,when you use it,kinda goes down the sink slowly,like a drain clog but eventually went down each time.Bathroom looked clean,too.So far a good experience except for the sink.Walk out the front of the property turn right go up the hill and you got a rest.called Coddington brewing co./turn left,go for a mile and you got a shopping center.

Room Tip: for this inn,you have to go some distance to find restaurants,either to the right or left.No pool...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
CT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed at. My wife and I checked out a day early and went to the Marriot. The room was moldy and half painted. There were bugs in the bed, the door didn't lock and the shower was broken. I complained to the front desk and the clerk only offered another room and had no interest in what was actually wrong with the room.

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jon W
Web M, Guest Relations Manager at Pineapple Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
The manager was trying to resolve your issue quickly rather than have you wait.
He promptly checked the room and tried to resolve any issues.

Thank you for your understanding and we apologize for your inconvenience.

Travelers are raving about these Newport hotels

Schenectady
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

This was the most disgusting place I have ever stepped foot in. My friend and I did our best to put up with a broken t.v. that management switched out from another room shortly after we checked in. The cabinet the t.v. sat in was covered with inches of dust as if it had never been cleaned. The sink had a nasty visible hair clog and the water was slow draining through it. At 6:43am we discovered the toilet did not flush. I went to the room and asked for another room. We moved all of our stuff into this room and the sink backed up. When we demanded our money back, the manager would not refund our previous night. We complained to him and told him that we were going to write a bad review and he didn't care. We left around 7:30am and fortunately were able to secure another night at a Best Western down the road. During the Newport Jazz festival, which is the busiest weekend in Newport all year. Stay clear of the Pineapple Inn, in Newport, RI

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, check the toilet, sink and television before you pay for the room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Hoclaire
new england
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

My husband and I went to a family wedding in Newport last weekend. The bride had made a site visit and determined this place to be acceptable. I don't know what rooms she was shown, but it certainly wasn't the room we were in. We knew for the price we weren't going to get much, but basic cleanliness is certainly not a huge demand. We booked here (along with brother & his wife).Upon entering the room we were assaulted by a very musty, moldy smell. The bedspread was stained and filthy. The carpet was threadbare, stained and did not invite walking around in bare feet. The tub was dirty, the shower curtain had black and pink mold growing on it. We thought it couldn't get any worse but when we got into bed that night, we found the sheets did not fit the bed. Brother's room was just as bad. We felt like we were in a motel that rents by the hour. I don't know what rooms the positive commentor's stayed in but I assure you it was not our rooms. We informed the bride the next day so she could tell the wedding planner so that this place is not recommended in the future. This place should not be recommended to anyone with any sense of cleanliness at all. It's too bad because with a some effort on the owner's/manager's/cleaning staff's part this could be a nice inexpensive place to stay. Where is the pride in your own business?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 1010ne
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

We were working the Tall Ships in Newport RI. I had been warned by a very good friend NOT to stay here. But I was going by the few new reviews. I had reserved the room 3 weeks before. Upon checking in the front buildings had been redone. We were charge $457.00 given a key. We were told to go to back building.What a HELLHOLE!!!!! We returned to the office and ask for a room up front. He said those were for he's "Regulars". We wanted a refund and were informed it would take 24 hours. We got our refund and got the Hell out There! STAYAWAY!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Pynnwacket
We apologize for the inconvenience during that busy Tall Ship weekend.

We are renovating several other rooms and will have availability in the future.
ct
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Do not get fooled by the price. the hotel is very very very dirty.Its old and it stinks.Nothing like the pictures on the website. this is the worst hotel ive ever stayed in by far.
ABSOLUTELY DO NOT STAY AT THIS "HORRIBLE AND FILTHY HOTEL"

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

I agree with Wynneb65. The only thing different with us was we went to the office and demanded our money back and we got it too. The place was filthy dirty and talking about the sheets and all it was like they never even changed them. Long strands of black hair all over the pillows and sheets, dusty everywhere, tub was dirty etc. Oh yeah and the little frig had ice build up on it like it wasn't cleaned in months. We weren't even there for 20 minutes so that's when I decided to go to the office and demand my money back. The clerk was like ok no problem. I told him I felt your pictures on the internet looked really good but in person they are disgusting! I also said I felt like I had bugs crawling on me and his answer was We don't have bed bugs. I hadn't even said anything about bed bugs and we didn't even sit on the bed. So there it tells you they must have had them at one time or another. By the looks of that place I am sure they probably did. How they stay in business gets me but I would never refer this place to anyone. We left there and got a room elsewhere and enjoyed our stay at a much nicer and cleaner place closer to down town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple