1,218 results
All reviews garden suite the cliff fire pit french press coffee atlantic suite wine hour turner suite my husband and i window seat other guests sun room french pressed pressed coffee beatrice turner cookies bay window carriage house
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I am not sure what I can add to the chorus of well deserved praises for Cliffside Inn. Bill and Nancy are fabulous innkeepers and the place is perfect in every detail. They have obviously invested a lot of time, talent and treasure in this place and have created something very special. I look forward to visiting again and I highly recommend it anyone looking for the best accommodations Newport has to offer.

Room Tip: The Carriage House was charming, private and utterly immaculate. Just a few steps from the main house.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

We were really thrilled to have your whole group with us. While all the rooms are great, the Carriage House is becoming one of the most sought after rooms on the property. I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

Hopefully, we will be seeing you back in Newport soon. You all need to try Salvation Cafe on the next trip.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I just celebrated our 20th anniversary with a getaway to the Cliffside Inn. I chose it based on the recommendations of my fellow TripAdvisor devotees and I have to add my huzzahs to the chorus of cheers: Great setting - only a few steps from the Cliff Walk. Beautiful furnishings and fascinating historical charm. Spotless. Luxurious amenities. Outstanding personal service - our anniversary was marked with a bottle of prosecco in our room. Delicious breakfasts. A welcoming wine and appetizer hour when we arrived (the food was so good, we skipped dinner) and a yummy tea and sweets hour the next day. Bill and Nancy, the owners, felt like old friends right from the start. And every staff person was friendly and helpful. We stayed in the cozy Loft Room - beamed ceilings with wonderful skylights, an antique king bed, spa bathroom, gas fireplace, just a lovely setting. I'm not going to wait until another anniversary to go back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank so much for your great review and for choosing the Cliffside Inn to spend your 20th! It was a pleasure for us to have you here and to see you both relax and enjoy yourselves.

I am glad that it won't be another year until we see you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I spent our first anniversary at the Cliffside Inn. We could not have made a better choice! Bill and Nancy were wonderful, the hotel is outstanding, the breakfast so good and the location next to the cliff walk more than we could wish for! Our room at the cottage overlooked the sea and the bathroom with the oversized whirlpool was simply the best I've ever seen in my life!

We spent an amazing 3 days, and left with a load of great memories to carry in the years to come, and plans to return to the Cliffside Inn for more. Thank you Bill and Nancy for the wonderful experience!

Room Tip: We stayed at the cottage across the yard from the main building with a sea view right in front of our bedroom window and an awesome bathroom. Best room ever!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

We are so glad you chose the Cliffside Inn to celebrate your first anniversary. It was great to have some Atlantans visiting. We also love that great picture window in the Atlantic Suite. The views of the water are great all year, but particularly in the fall/winter when the leaves are down.

Thank you for all of your kind words. We look forward to spending many future anniversaries with you.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is the first time that we stayed at an inn. The inn is beautifully decorated. Room, food, service, and location are all excellent! The inn and room are immaculate. Nancy and Bill are great hosts, very welcoming and helpful. We had a wonderful stay and hope to return in the future!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are pleased that you were so happy here and found the inn "absolutely wonderful". Those types of reviews always make us smile.

Hope to have you back with us soon.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We just spent two days at Cliffside conducting business meetings for four. It was perfect. Bill and Nancy are perfectionist and very pleasant. The rooms were outstanding, each one unique. The breakfast and lunch they served were exceptional. Their attention to detail on every level is remarkable. The access to the ocean cliff walk is also a nice plus. This maybe the nicest place in Newport and a bargan.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

It was such a pleasure to host your group. What a wonderful team you have and we are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here and were able to enjoy a little bit of Newport as well. I have to say, we can't pass one of your stores without thinking of you. I love the product even more after meeting all of you.

Hope you have a great holiday season.