1,224 results
All reviews garden suite the cliff fire pit french press coffee beatrice room atlantic suite wine hour grosvenor suite my husband and i window seat sun room other guests french pressed pressed coffee beatrice turner cookies carriage house
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This inn is a great place to stay if you have celiac's disease or are gluten intolerant. For breakfast each day, I had gluten free muffins and gluten free blueberry pancakes. They also had fruit and yogurt. I could have also had eggs fixed any way. For afternoon tea, I had a special plate prepared with yummy gluten free treats. The innkeepers are very friendly and the inn is very beautifully decorated. There is an outdoor fire pit that you can sit around and get warm and there is a beautiful view of the ocean from the front facing rooms. The cliff walk is only a few feet away and the inn is about a mile from Bellevue Avenue where all the beautiful mansions are waiting for you to visit. This inn is on the Select Registry and we will definitely be back to visit!

Room Tip: We stayed in the sun room that faced the ocean. There is a cool window seat to read a good book. The bathroom has a steam shower and towel warmers. There is a gas fireplace in the room. We did hear the people walking around in the room above us.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

It was our pleasure to provide the gluten free selection. There are so many good gluten free options now. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the Sun Room. I do love that steam shower and the view of the beach this time of year is incredible.

I hope next time you head up the coast we will see you again.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

A beautiful fall trip to Rhode Island began with our first night stay at The Cliffside Inn. We did not have reservations and lucky for us they were able to accommodate our one night stay (sad to say only one night). This was our first experience with a Bed and Breakfast – they certainly set the bar high for our future B&B stays. We stayed in the Carriage House – WOW. This was so very comfortable and just like home. Bill and Nancy are the perfect Inn Keepers. We started our day with a nice stroll on the Cliff Walk – and the view – amazing!! The hospitality at the wine gathering was so warming, meeting guests from all over and enjoying the special selection of wine and hors d’oeuvres. Off to a wonderful dinner at the Wharf (one of Nancy’s recommendations) then back to the Inn to enjoy a little time around the fire pit. Nancy gave us so much information on the Inn and the surrounding area – really she is a perfect self-guided tour guide. This is one B&B you do not want to miss. Hats off to Bill and Nancy and their wonderful staff for making our stay feel like a little piece of heaven.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms! Every room is so very special, it just depends on how you feel at that moment in time.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

We are so happy that you decided to try a bed and breakfast and that you chose us! I'm glad we were able to "convert" you! Thank you so much for taking the time to write that wonderful review, and to post the photos as well.

Hope to see you again soon.

All the best,

Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the garden suite at Cliffside Inn for the weekend after our wedding and were absolutely thrilled with it. The room was unique and luxurious, with a jacuzzi bath and a private garden with a waterfall! The building was a gorgeous renovated Victorian building with really lovely decor and pleasant atmosphere. The owners were really friendly and had an adorable dog wandering on the first floor. Breakfast was amazing (best coffee I have ever had) and turn-down service came with cookies! Just a short walk to the beach! We highly recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: The garden suite has a private entrance so you dont have to go through the main doors at night!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

It was so great to have you both here for your wedding night. It was fun watching the guys get ready for the ceremony and everyone so happy. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the room - the Garden Suite is one of the most romantic suites at the inn.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I recently spent two nights at the Cliffside for our 10th anniversary and it was fabulous! We stayed in the Carriage House and I loved all the amenities -the adorable remote control gas fireplace, the jetted tub in a truly amazing bathroom- a fabulous 2 sided antique sink from the barbershop of the Waldorf Astoria was really the icing on the cake! Nancy and Bill are warm and welcoming hosts, and provided excellent tips on things to do and see in Newport. We were fortunate to have a warm late fall visit, so we could enjoy our breakfast on the front porch, which was lovely. I hope we get the chance to stay here again in the future!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your great review. It means so much coming from someone who also runs a Select Registry property. I hope that we get a chance to visit the Inn at Round Barn Farm soon.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and I just spent two nights at the Cliffside and loved it! Met alot of the guests and we agreed to meet again "same time next year"! We highly recommend it, Bill & Nancy are wonderful, and the food, atmosphere and other guests are fantastic! To really enjoy drinks and dinner in town I recommend calling "Cozy Cab" and ask for Keith......a great inexpensive way to enjoy the town, drinks and dinner with no fear of a DUI....

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

It was so great having you here. I am sorry the trip was delayed but so glad you finally made it. What a wonderful group of guests we had in that weekend and I really do hope we will see you "same time next year". It can become a restuarant week tradition.

All the best,