1,209 results
All reviewsgarden suitethe clifffire pitfrench press coffeeatlantic suitewine hourturner suitemy husband and iwindow seatother guestssun roomfrench pressedpressed coffeebeatrice turnercookiesbay windowcarriage house
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the garden suite at Cliffside Inn for the weekend after our wedding and were absolutely thrilled with it. The room was unique and luxurious, with a jacuzzi bath and a private garden with a waterfall! The building was a gorgeous renovated Victorian building with really lovely decor and pleasant atmosphere. The owners were really friendly and had an adorable dog wandering on the first floor. Breakfast was amazing (best coffee I have ever had) and turn-down service came with cookies! Just a short walk to the beach! We highly recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: The garden suite has a private entrance so you dont have to go through the main doors at night!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

It was so great to have you both here for your wedding night. It was fun watching the guys get ready for the ceremony and everyone so happy. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the room - the Garden Suite is one of the most romantic suites at the inn.

We hope to see you again soon.

Best,

Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I recently spent two nights at the Cliffside for our 10th anniversary and it was fabulous! We stayed in the Carriage House and I loved all the amenities -the adorable remote control gas fireplace, the jetted tub in a truly amazing bathroom- a fabulous 2 sided antique sink from the barbershop of the Waldorf Astoria was really the icing on the cake! Nancy and Bill are warm and welcoming hosts, and provided excellent tips on things to do and see in Newport. We were fortunate to have a warm late fall visit, so we could enjoy our breakfast on the front porch, which was lovely. I hope we get the chance to stay here again in the future!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your great review. It means so much coming from someone who also runs a Select Registry property. I hope that we get a chance to visit the Inn at Round Barn Farm soon.

Best,

Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and I just spent two nights at the Cliffside and loved it! Met alot of the guests and we agreed to meet again "same time next year"! We highly recommend it, Bill & Nancy are wonderful, and the food, atmosphere and other guests are fantastic! To really enjoy drinks and dinner in town I recommend calling "Cozy Cab" and ask for Keith......a great inexpensive way to enjoy the town, drinks and dinner with no fear of a DUI....

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

It was so great having you here. I am sorry the trip was delayed but so glad you finally made it. What a wonderful group of guests we had in that weekend and I really do hope we will see you "same time next year". It can become a restuarant week tradition.

All the best,

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We just spent one night at the Cliffside Inn, but enjoyed it tremendously. The owners are so welcoming that sometimes I forgot I was staying at an Inn and not visiting family. We loved the afternoon wine social because we got to meet the other guests. I can't imagine staying at any other place in Newport. I am very fussy with my 5 star ratings, but had no problem giving this Inn one. Can't imagine anyone could complain.

Went to Bouchard for dinner (#1 Tripadvisor). We tried to reserve ahead but could not a reservation. The Innkeepers got us one at last minute because the restaurant called them with openings. How great is that?

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Wow...thank you for posting your thoughtful comments about your stay at Cliffside. We appreciate the accolades from a top contributor to Trip Advisor. We have found that our evening wine and hors d'oeuvres reception is a great way to bring guests together - it is one the favorite parts of our day. We look forward to your next visit with us. Best wishes for the holidays.

Bill

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Cliffside Inn was the perfect way to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday! This was our first trip to Newport and we enjoyed every part of the weekend. The Inn is beautiful. We stayed in The Loft. We were super impressed by the cleanliness of the suite and ammenities available. The bathroom is gorgeous. The spa tub is huge, and the rain shower was refreshing. Bill and Nancy could not have been any more accommodating. They not only supplied a bountiful breakfast, but also an afternoon tea, a cocktail reception, cookies on our bedside table at turndown, and endless tips on where to go and how to get there. They made us feel like we were truly guests in their home. The other Inn guests could not have been friendlier. The Inn chef did a fabulous job making delicious meals and treats! You will not be disappointed with your choice to stay at the Cliffside Inn!

Room Tip: My sister and brother-in-law stayed in one of the cottage suites. It was huge with a bedroom, bath, living area and additional cozy den off of the bedroom. We enjoyed hanging out by the fireplace in their suite as well as the common rooms in the main house.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

That was a fun weekend and birthday celebration. We are happy you chose the Cliffside Inn for your first visit to Newport and for Jon's birhday milestone. Thank you for telling others about your visit to Cliffside. We hope you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving, and wish you the best for the upcoming holidays. Nancy and I hope to see you again for your next visit to Newport.