$351
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $406/night.

The Attwater(Newport)
$369
Newport Marriott(Newport)
$399
$450
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $542/night.

$360
$263
$399
$257
$305
$289
Priceline
  • Pool
The Chanler at Cliff Walk(Newport)
$750
$835
1,194 results
All reviewsgarden suitethe clifffire pitfrench press coffeeatlantic suitewine hourturner suitemy husband and iwindow seatother guestssun roomfrench pressedpressed coffeebeatrice turnercookiestower roombay window
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The proprietors Bill & Nancy were lovely. The property is beautiful and a great location. The breakfasts were fantastic and they were totally accommodating to my dietary needs. We stayed in the Seaview Suite, which was great and very comfortable. The only issue we had with the room was the noise from the people walking above our heads in their room late at night while we were trying to sleep. I could also hear the man in the room above us snoring. The floors are thin, but it is an old house that has been renovated beautifully, but I suspect the walls/floors are not so thick. There also wasn't a place to hang a long gown/dress and as we were there for a wedding I had to leave the dresses draped over the sofas, but we managed. It truly is hard to find something negative to say as it was one of the nicest B&Bs I have ever stayed in and I am well travelled. I adored the owners who were wonderful in every way, and their dog Koty is adorable. I will definitely go back someday.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper think about choosing a top floor room.
1  Thank TessaWainscott
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

The uniqueness of older homes does present some challenges, but we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Koty's hair is growing in and he looks cuter than ever! You both looked so fantastic for the wedding and I'm still hoping you'll send some photos of the back of that gown.

We hope you'll join us here again soon for another stay.

All the best,

Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I had a fantastic stay at the Cliffside Inn. Bill and Nancy were very warm hosts, going so far as to offer us a complimentary bottle of wine upon our arrival after a long drive to the inn.

Our room (Cliff Suite in the Seaview Cottage) was beautiful, clean and cozy -- a welcome respite for a brief getaway.

Before our arrival, they recommended and booked us dinner at Fluke Wine Bar & Kitchen, which was fantastic. The next morning we enjoyed great breakfast and coffee at the inn. Finally, Bill and Nancy offered to extend our checkout time while we enjoyed a lazy morning before our departure.

We will definitely be back!

1  Thank AJA02421

We were so excited that you came back to the Cliffside after 12 years and were thrilled that you enjoyed the changes we made to the Inn. We do hope that it isn't another 12 years before you visit us again.

Thank you for all your kind words.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Upon arrival you are greeted as a member of the family.

The room was terrific. Lots of space, very comfortable bed, and a spa shower.

They hold a wine reception at 5pm with a full spread of snacks. You won't want to miss this part of the evening.

When we came back from dinner in town, we ordered a bottle of wine to sit out by the fire pit they have in their from yard.

In short, this is a top flight inn that beats all in Newport and one I would put up against any other in the nation.

Room Tip: Stayed in the loft. It was beautiful.
1  Thank Steve K

One of my favorite things is to gather with guests around the firepit and that was a great night for it. We are thrilled that you both had a great experience here and we very much enjoyed meeting and chatting with you.

Looking forward to a future visit.

Best,

Reviewed July 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed here recently on the first leg of our honeymoon and it couldn't have been better. Bill and Nancy are wonderful and were welcoming and helpful with their deep knowledge of the area.

The inn is spotless and should be the gold standard for hotel cleanliness. There wasn't so much as a speck of dust anywhere, the sheets were fresh and clean, and the bathroom was shined to a polished perfection.

The Cliffside is known for its breakfasts and it did not disappoint. From the french pressed coffee to the waffles or the egg white scramble (which they made special since I don't eat egg yolks), we filled up with satisfying fuel for the day's journey around historic Newport.

My wife and I liked the Cliffside so much that I was reluctant to write this review, because we're afraid it will get too popular and we won't be able to come back! But then again, the Cliffside is too good to keep secret.

Room Tip: There's not a bad room in the house, really.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

I just love when we have honeymooners here and you two were no exception. We were so pleased to be the place where you started your married life together! We hope you will be back for many anniversaries to come.

Regards,

Reviewed July 12, 2012

While Newport was the host of the Tall ships for the weekend we stayed at the Cliffside Inn, most guest that we spoke to were there for the Cliffside experience rather that the experience of the "Tall Ships."
Our experience was gratifying, Bill and Nancy, the innkeepers, we warm, and welcoming. They not only offered gracious, well appointed quarters, excellent breakfasts, evening snacks, wine, and afternoon tea, but local lore, and touring advice.
We recommend this beautiful location to everyone.

Room Tip: The main building appealed to us. Some rooms have an excellent view.
1  Thank spudmato

Thank you for your review. We are glad that we could offer a great experience in addition to the Tall Ships, which were spectacular. Newport is such a wonderful town and we are so happy that we can be a part of guests time here. Hopefully, you will be back soon for some of the other great events Newport has to offer.

Best,