1,209 results
All reviewsgarden suitethe clifffire pitfrench press coffeeatlantic suitewine hourturner suitemy husband and iwindow seatother guestssun roomfrench pressedpressed coffeebeatrice turnercookiesbay windowcarriage house
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Beautiful inn, perfect spot and wonderfully, warm innkeepers!The evening offering of tea or wine and hors d'oeuvres (depending on the day) were a great way to unwind after a day of exploring Newport. Can't wait to return for a longer visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

And we can't wait to have you here again! It was wonderful to see you and your friends enjoy the inn, the Derby and the other guests. The Cliff Walk (Atlantic Ocean) are a big change from Lake Michigan and we hope you make it back to the beach soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Cliffside in for a mini-honeymoon after our wedding earlier this month. It truly was a wonderful getaway! Everything was exceptional - the room, amazing bathroom, the breakfast, wine cellar, Bill and Nancy and even the other guests! It was such a relaxing experience. From the moment we arrived we felt taken care of. Over a glass of wine and some appetizers Bill gave us some restaurant suggestions and made the reservations for the evening. After coming back from dinner there were rose petals on the bed in the shape of a heart and not to mention amazing cookies beside the bed. Days 2 & 3 were more of the same great service. It was nice having time to mingle with the other guests and share stories. They even have a fire pit outside in the evenings for people to enjoy. We stayed for 3 nights in the Tower Suite. We loved the room, but from what other reviewers say, any room would be a great choice. Before we left my husband and I were already discussing coming again later this summer! The Inn is so clean and you can really tell that Bill and Nancy put a lot of effort into all the details to make every guest feel comfortable!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

We were thrilled to have you for your mini-moon. I haven't heard that before. I might have to start offering a mini-moon package! We are really so pleased that we could make your stay special and a wonderfully enjoyable way to start your married life together. I do agree that all of the rooms are special, but there is something extra romantic about the Tower Suite and being in the turret of the house . . . very fairy-tale like. We wish you many, many years of happiness and look forward to a return visit soon.

All the best,

Reviewed May 27, 2012

After spending this weekend at Cliffside Inn which exceeded all of our expectations, I was eager to write a review for future travelers. I am not surprised to see all of the 5 star ratings; I'm sure if more stars were possible they would get them consistently. The odd rating of 1 star stood out as I read it - and I don't understand it!! Did they stay at the Cliffside Inn with their impeccable service, afternoon wine and amazing hors d'oevres, and gourmet breakfasts? Or are they reviewing the restaurant they ate at? It doesn't seem like small portions and a parking ticket should be Bill and Nancy's problems, but hey - maybe that's why they didn't feel like other guests were talking to them. I couldn't believe how friendly every staff member and Bill and Nancy (and their adorable dog, Coty) were. Believe me, you will LOVE the Cliffside Inn. If you do park in downtown Newport, read the signs and park legally :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for that wonderful review. One of the best things about being an innkeeper is knowing that your guests enjoyed their stay! Your comments really make us and the staff (and Koty) feel great about what we do. Boston is not too far away so we hope to see you back here often.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

The Cliffside Inn was exactly what we needed while dealing with delayed movers. The location offered the perfect retreat; near the ocean and cliff walk for morning and evening strolls. The accommodations were exceptional. The room was a soothing combination of modern elegance. We enjoyed learning about the history of the Inn while enjoying an afternoon wine tasting and delicious appetizers. Although it was a rainy day day, the fireplace made the morning a cozy and comfortable room for conversation and a memorable breakfast of orange French toast. We especially enjoyed the hospitality of Bill and Nancy and of course, Cody, the friendly dog.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

It is a shame that the moving vans were delayed, but it was our good fortune because it allowed us to get to me you, your son and his girlfriend. I walk by his place every night with Koty, so make sure if he needs anything to let us know. Please stop by next time you are in town visiting.

All the best,

Reviewed May 26, 2012

My girlfriend and I just completed a two night stay at the Cliffside. We decided to head up to Newport for a little rest and relaxation. The Cliffside was the perfect place and the Inn keepers, Bill and Nancy were exceptional hosts.

We stayed in the Beatrice room, very warm and cozy; the bathroom was the highlight equipped with a large walk in shower and a two person jetted tub. Initially I was worried about potential noise as the rooms were very close together but we never heard one peep from the other guests. The evenings were very quiet! The room was exceptionally clean and elegant down to the last detail.

We enjoyed the home made breakfast every morning and found the other guests to be warm and friendly. Bill and Nancy went out of their way to ensure we felt at home, they helped with dinner reservations and made certain we had the low down on what to do in the city. The Mooring is a very respectable dinner choice. The evening happy hour and outdoor firepit were also exceptional. The proximity of the Cliffside is also a major plus. Literally steps away from the Cliff Walk, close enough to the downtown area to walk, but far enough away not to be bothered by the hustle and bustle.

I would highly recommend the Cliffside to others and we certainly plan to go back and enjoy the company of Bill and Nancy again.

Room Tip: The Beatrice room is very cozy and has a two person jetted tub.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

How great it was to have you both here! We enjoyed getting to know both of you and watching you connect with the other guests. The firepit is really something special and relaxing after a long day in Newport. I'm so glad you could join us out there. Beatrice's room is one of my favorites too and I love that the jetted tub is also in a bay window facing the water and the fire pit. So glad that you were able to get some rest and relaxation and the Cliffside. We look forward to having you back soon.

Nancy