My husband and I just returned from a two night visit to this property where we stayed in a beach cottage. The grounds are beautiful, the room was adorable, and the views were stunning. It was extremely cold the two days of our visit, so weren't able to do much outside of the room on the grounds. Perhaps our opinions would differ if we could have explored/walked the beach, etc. Instead, we had more opportunity to focus on the details, and that's where we weren't so pleased.
- Our room had a soaker tub. After a very cold day out, we were very much looking forward to a nice bath. We ran the tap for 5 minutes (not an exaggeration) and the water was luke warm at best. A call to the front desk resulted in an immediate visit from maintenance (very impressive) who advised that the water just needs to run much longer. It just takes a LONG time to get warm. Okay.. we'll deal with that. But, prepare for a VERY long time for your tub to fill. The water pressure is awful.
- By the time the tub was filled, I was sort of over the idea of a nice long bath. I guess it was the length of time it took in addition the leak our room sprung while waiting on the tub. There was a little locked closet next to the armoire and water started to leak out from it while our water was running in the room. I was prepared for a bath, and not exactly another visit from maintenance, so we soaked it up with a towel and left it there to collect any additional water. The towel was soaked by the time we were done.
- Back to the water pressure.. give yourself a while for a shower. I loved the size of the shower and the rain shower head, but the water was a drizzle. I have fine/shorter hair and I could barely get the shampoo rinsed out. It was a chore to try to rinse in that thing.
- Turn down service was a nice touch. We were presented with fresh water & chocolates and a nicely turned down bed the first evening of our visit. I guess they forgot about us on the second evening....
- The free breakfast was a nice touch. Our first breakfast was lovely. Excellent service, food was wonderful, beautiful view while dining, etc. The second breakfast was a different experience. Multiple items requested were forgotten. I ordered the lobster hash, and my husband ordered the eggs benedict. Both come with poached eggs. If you like your poached eggs basically hard boiled, then you'll find it delicious. I do not.
Will we return to Newport in the future? Definitely
Will we return to the Castle Hill Inn? No thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dynamic and breathtaking, Castle Hill Inn promises an exclusive, luxury experience for each guest who visits. The property's 40 acres offer everything from panoramic water views, and rustic hiking trails to private beaches and hidden rocky coves. In summer, guests come to unwind and enjoy the Newport social scene that gathers on the Lawn, which slopes from an elegantly restored 19th-century mansion out to Narragansett Bay. During cooler months, Castle Hill becomes more of a private retreat, perfect for escapes from city life but still close to the amenities of downtown Newport. Year round, the property also boasts world-class dining that showcases the best of Rhode Island's seasonal bounty, Castle Hill's extraordinary setting only becomes more beautiful with each turn of season, and we do our best to match its brilliance with unmatched service for our guests. A Relais & Chateaux member and recipient of Forbes Travel Guide Four Star Award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Castle Hill Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Hill Hotel Newport
- Castle Hill Resort