“Good Value”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Thames
Transit: The Barking Crab is located just two short blocks south of Newport's Gateway Center on America's Cup.
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We happen to be in Newport during Restaurant week. My husband and I each had a different choice on their specials. For $16 dollars, we each had chowder or salad, main entree, and dessert. Each entree was equally good. The desserts were delicious. Since we were there in the off season, we were not rushed and it was very relaxing.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

most of our party ordered a 1/2 lobster boil with crab legs (not Alaskan) They said it was an assortment of crab legs but from what I could see it was an assortment of snow crab legs. Way overcooked. Service was ok. Just nothing special to say...a big yawn...however, they did have a 10lb lobster in their tank - that got the attention of everyone

1  Thank rmj723
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The market price of lobster is $3.99/lb, but the Barking Crab seems blinded to this fact. They charged me $44.00 for a 2l b lobster with no side dishes included, not even any bread. The waiter was attentive.

1  Thank Glenn H
Reviewed October 25, 2012

On my own, for this one - seated in a nice area open to a courtyard. The bisque was good, but overall the seafood was just a little better than average. Service was nice, with some much needed help getting my phone charged so I could use the GPS to get back to my hotel in Providence. Pricey for the level of food.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We visted Newport as part of a cruise holiday around New England and had lunch at the Barking Crab. It was a glorious day so we sat outside. The service was friendly but that was nothing compared to the food...We both had a lobster roll, which came with salad and chips. There was a huge amount of lobster, the salad was lovely and fresh with a very tasty dressing. Everything about the visit was first rate and we would recommend a visit for anyone in Newport.