“Great outside bar, average food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pier 49 Seafood & Spirits - CLOSED

Pier 49 Seafood & Spirits
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Newport, Rhode Island
“Great outside bar, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

The outside bar is the best part about this place. In the summer, they have live music which creates a great atmosphere. There are nice views of the Newport harbor as well. The only lacking thing here is the food - it's average at best. I'd say it's good for lunch, but there are many other better dining options available in Newport for dinner. Regardless, it's still a fun place!

• Visited August 2011

Bossier City, Louisiana
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

Great food and a beautiful presentation. Enjoyed every delicious bite.

Visited February 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

We went to the restaurant and ordered wine with our meal. Five minutes or so after the wine arrived, we were swarmed by fruit flies, and three fruit flies flew into my wine and died. After another ten minutes or so, the numbers of flies had doubled and we asked to get our food to go. They weren't going to remove anything from our bill until we asked to speak to a manager, and even then, they only removed price of the wine. The food wasn't very good, and the service was horrible. Don't go here.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank ritalinkid189
Northeast
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

I love Newport, RI but hadnt been in quite awhile. It is a great city to visit, a great vacation destination. Along main street there are a bunch of places to eat, and shop. I decided to take my teenage girls to Pier 49. It was right along the wharf, tucked into the Newport Hotel. There was a singer outside and that is where we ate. He was great, and it was a relaxed atmosphere. I usually dont drink, but after a hectic drive and getting lost on the way, I decided on a glass of wine. I ordered a Zin, but when Avon came out I told her I had made a mistake on the ordering, and couldnt drink Red. I wanted the Berringer White Zin, and she brought it back and returned with another glass. It was not on my bill. We ordered Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, and one of my daughters ordered off the childrens menu, and she had to get a doggy bag, as it was so much food, chx fringers and fries. She cheerfully brought out a see thru plastic container, and the bill came to $42.66 for the meals and wine, and ice tea's and rootbeer. Refills are not charged extra. The place was clean, and the bus boy worked hard to keep tables cleaned and plates cleared. The bathrooms were up some stairs from the outside door, but I am guessing if your handicapped there might be another way inside the restaurant. This is my new favorite place when I visit Newport again, as I will be be a regular with a membership to the Newport Mansions.
Great job Pier 49! Thank you.

• Visited August 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Not worth it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

Travelled with my family to the beautiful town of Newport, RI. Two of us tried the lobster special and the other had fish and chips. The lobster was tough and chewy, and the mussels were awful. My daughter had the fish and chips and was up all night getting sick (probably food poisoning). As appealing as the lobster special appears, don't eat here! Also, there seemed to be only one server for both inside and outside tables, so we had to wait a while for drink refills and the check.

• Visited July 2011