“Nice gem” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Busker's

Busker's
Ranked #28 of 232 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Nice gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We visit Newport all of the time & always wanted to try Busker's so we did just that this afternoon. The pub was cozy, warm & inviting. We ordered the lamb burger & Guinness bratwurst & we loved every morsel. The lamb burger was flavorful & good size. The Guinness bratwurst was delicious. The waitress was friendly. We will definitely go back!

Newport, Rhode Island
“Great place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Very nice place- great service-good beers on tap- great food- homemade lobster bisque is amazing and have to get the buskers homemade fries.

• Visited October 2013
Charlotte, NC
“Didn't care for the lobster roll.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Had lunch here on our port stop in Newport. Many restaurants had long lines, but we could get right in here. The blueberry beer was very good, but the lobster roll wasn't. No chunks of lobster, only shredded. Don't know what the "secret ingredient" is, but it didn't enhance the taste. Reuben was good, as was the fish and chips - but I would avoid the lobster. Service was good, bathroom was clean. Not horrible, but not great for the price.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Somerset, Massachusetts
“Nice people, absolutely horrible food sorry!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Went with a party of 10 and should have known better when we were seated immediately (when Brick Alley Pub down the street had an hour wait) that something was wrong. The great thing was the waitress was very nice and efficient also the drinks were very good. Unfortunately the food was absolutely horrible! My son's chicken tenders were so dry and burnt tinged he would not eat them and he barely ate the fries. He was still hungry when we left. I have a gluten allergy and was given only four options I could have off the menu, all four I really didn't care for but I opted for the corned beef meal. Corned beef very dry, forget about the carrots didn't even try those (looked unappetizing) but the mashed potatoes were very, very good. The guys got burgers which were very small and had a very small helping of cold, dry overcooked french fries. I paid for six people and the bill with tip was $140.00 and we all left hungry and stopped at Wendy's on the way home. This place has potential but it really needs a new chef (at least on a Monday)! I gave it a 1 because it was the lowest I could give but the waitress deserves a 5!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dublin, Ireland
“Great food, staff and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed overnight in Newport and ate dinner in Buskers. The food was great, good portions and very tasty. I had a lovely fresh salad with proper Irish brown bread and my husband went for the burger. When we arrived there was only two other tables occupied but the place filled up completely during our meal so good atmosphere too. Staff friendly and service good. Would recommend it for very good reasonably priced bar food in centre of Newport.