“Awesome!”

Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We had a reservation for 14 people, and even though the it started off a little shaky with a hostess with an attitude, the server made up for it with excellent attentive service! The food was great and came out quickly for such a large group. They even brought out a dessert and sang for a birthday in the group-- which we only told them about when we were seated. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

It's a good place to grab a pint or two, but the food quality wasn't great and was expensive for what it was. There are much better places to eat.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Food was OK - nothing special or recommended other than one item - the lamb burger. Cider glasses were too big for Irish cider that was served in bottles (11.5 oz served in a 16 oz glass - looked silly). Server spilled our drinks and did not offer to replace them. (she did once we asked). Asked for water no less than 4 times - for which the server apologized but it would have been nicer to get the water and not an aplogy. Dessert was very small and certainly not shareable. The onion rings were greasy. Caesar salad was fine but typical. Curry tasted like it came out of a box. However, as stated above the lamb burger was AMAZING and well worth going back for despite all I wrote above!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Face it, pub food is basically comfort food but Busker's has it figure out. My wife and I had two different salads that were just great. Mine had pears and dried cranberries and my wife's was the salad with grilled chicken. The menu featured the typical pub selection but I bet it all is really good. Give it a try!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

My wife and I had dinner at Busker's in early July 2012. Buskers is located on Thames Street. behind the Barking Crab.

My wife and I had looked at a couple of other restaurant menu's on Thames Street, and the outdoor board with Busker's caught our eye for being reasonably priced and appetizing. We walked in, saw the brick and exposed wood, and felt optimistic about Busker's. We chose a table in the section looking out onto Thames Street. There were also some tall booths that were taken, and did not want to sit at the bar.

We had some questions about the Irish food on the menu and our server answered our questions. My wife chose a clam chowder, that was very filing. She ordered a chicken pot pie for $13.99, but was so filled by the clam chowder, that she was only able to eat a quarter of the chicken pot pie. I selected the Seamus’ Irish Breakfast - eggs, rashers, bangers, black and white pudding, Irish baked beans, homemade brown bread and tomato for $12.99. Sounds like a huge portion, but the individual components were reasonably sized, and I left full but not overstuffed.

I ordered an imported bottle beer (a Flag porter) $8.00 and my wife ordered a glass of wine for $7.00. Our total came to about $80.00, which was a bit more than we wanted to spend, but was well spent.

Our experience at Busker's was very pleasant and relaxing, and I would recommend a stop at Busker's when in Newport.