“WOW, WOW, WOW!”
Review of Forty 1⁰ North

Forty 1⁰ North
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed March 13, 2011

This was our first trip to Newport and I chose this hotel because of reviews here. This is an outstanding property. My travels have taken me all over the world and I have stayed in many awesome properties-last year the Four Seasons in Maui, the Waldorf in Orlando, the Ritz in Sarasota, for example. Forty 1 North can hold it's head up high as this experience was outstanding from beginning to end.
Let me say I want their decorator to begin with! Our room was serene with every amenity. From the in room IPad and IPod to the HD tv and gas fireplace. The bathroom did not disappoint. Gorgeous blue glass tile in the multiple spray shower and a tub so deep even my
6' 4" husband could get lost in the bubbles.
The bed? Heavenly! I have trouble sleeping away from home and this bed felt like sleeping on a cloud. And super soft linens.
Well appointed wet bar and a room so quiet we did not hear any of the noise from the street below full of St.Patricks parade folks celebrating well into the night.
Topped off with a lovely view of the harbour. And all for under $300-including the $25 valet parking.
Dinner in their restaurant also brought a smile to our face. Great service and delicious choices.
Some minor suggestions. With Starbucks now offering their coffee in a K cup I would recommend a single brewer in the room as there currently is no coffee available in the room. And if light bothers you be aware that the bathroom light sends light through the back panel of the wet bar.
If I get the opportunity to return to Newport this is where I will stay. Love, love, love Forty 1 North!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lillious

Reviewed February 28, 2011

We stayed at Forty 1 North for two nights on a business trip and would dearly love to return - but preferably on vacation and when it's warmer! That wind!!
We found the hotel on Expedia but booked direct and got a better deal (it was mid-week and we may have been the only guests but it's so quiet you can't tell)
We arrived quite late and the guy had stayed for us as the bar was about to close (you can brave the cold and go to Christies across the car-park for a night-cap still). He was great in helping bring up our bags and showed us the room without any sign that he wanted to go.
Beautiful room. Great bathroom (huge shower and very deep bath) and we loved the IPad info instead of the usual folder! We used room service for breakfast and it was lovely.
Only (tiny) complaint was that I could not get the room temperature right and was too hot (ended up opening the windows once - and that was in minus 6 with a north wind!) Whatever I did with the thermo it seemed to re-set itself overnight. A small matter.
I agree with what a previous reviewer said about parking. It does seem daft when you can virtually touch your car - but I bet you'd be grateful at the weekend or in summer!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Whitby1964
Reviewed February 26, 2011

I have stayed, dined, and over-indulged in Newport for many years. After staying at many over-rated hotels 1 came across Forty 1 North. The room was amazing and came own Ipad! The service was awesome and the late night food was great. I believe it may be the only place to get in room dining at 2 am in Newport. I will never settle for another hotel in Newport.

By far the best experience was the food. I am pretty picky but I was amazed how well everything was prepared and presented. I would definitely dine here again and again for either Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner!

Newport needs something like this and needs a place that is not stuffy. Thank You Forty 1 North!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carreiem
Reviewed February 24, 2011

41 North is a gorgeous hotel in Newport. Many Newport hotels where I have stayed in the past have either needed updating or the price of the room didn't suit the actual quality of the hotel until I stayed at 41 North. First, the service is incredible with staff waiting for you when you arrive. The outside of the hotel looks very typical New England-seaside however the inside had a modern feel that is unusual for this area. The decor manages to be very modern luxurious yet maintaines a cozy feel. We had planned to arrive at the hotel and go out to explore the area but we found ourselves camping out at the O bar and running upstairs to change for dinner at the Grill... we never left the hotel! The rooms are fabulous with cozy gas fireplaces and very cool bathrooms. The only things I wish they had in the rooms were blackout shades as I was up at 6:30 and had hoped to sleep in since I didn't have kids with me. The food for dinner and brunch was outstanding! I can't wait to go back in the summer when we can enjoy eating and drinking at the outside bar!

Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maxrelaxeat
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Once again I made my way to Newport for business and to my surprise found a hidden jewel. Having joined Snique recently, I was informed of a deal they had w/ 41 coinciding with when I needed to be in Newport on business. After reviewing pictures and reviews I decided to book the room. I am glad I did.

The hotel sits directly on the water and as such many of the rooms as well as the lobby look out on to harbor. The lobby is very modern but still has a very warm and inviting feel. The rooms (I think there are 28) continue this feel and in addition are ample in size. Bathrooms are very nice as the shower has multiple heads and the bathtub is very deep. Side note… it is difficult at times to keep the light out of some hotel rooms, not a problem here. If your heart desires no sunlight, 41 has the ability to keep it all out.

One of the very cool features of this hotel is the iPad and iTouch that every room is appointed with so to operate the stereo and provide all the key hotel information. I have stayed at a lot of hotels and to date this is a first.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. This was however a very easy feet as I never saw another guest while I was there. My guess is that Ground Hog’s Day is not one of their most popular holidays.

I do have a couple of complaints. The only real request I had, save a breakfast order, was a wake up call…which they did not perform. I had an early morning meeting and if it wasn’t for me waking up with my internal alarm clock (ala Kramer) I would have missed the meeting. After bringing this to 41’s attention they apologized and upon checkout I realized that they removed one a one day valet fee from my bill. This brings me to my only other complaint. The hotel sits in a parking lot and as such you drive past many empty spots (at least in the winter) all the way to the front door of the hotel. Literally the front door is probably 10 yards from parking spaces. Why do I need someone to park my car?

All in all a very nice new hotel and I am glad that I stayed there.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank Bordages
Reviewed January 28, 2011

Staff very friendly, incredible service. Rooms are luxurious. Everything about our stay was beyond our expectations. Don't miss this one if you visit Newport!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2011

the stay at 41 north during our long get-away weekend was a fantastic experience. this new hotel offers cozy comfort with the in-room fireplaces, spacious bathrooms many unexpected extras and the latest technology; the hotel offers modern decor, spacious and very refreshing design. the outside restaurant has great views - during the day and at night. fabulous place, one of a kind hidden gem. can't wait to go back soon.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends