Forty 1⁰ North
Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina(Newport)(Great Value!)
$246
Hotel Viking(Newport)(Great Value!)
$305
$263
  • Restaurant
Mill Street Inn(Newport)(Great Value!)
$399
America's Cup Inn(Newport)(Great Value!)
$169
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Attwater(Newport)(Great Value!)
$289
The Chanler at Cliff Walk(Newport)
$650
$645
All reviewsgrand suiteoval barred cottageharbor view suitesoaking tubboutique hotelguest serviceswet baroff seasonbeautiful hotelgas fireplacewater viewoystersvalet parkingnew englandnewport harborthe entire staff
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I can’t wait to go back! My boyfriend surprised me with a weekend trip to Newport this year and I wish we never had to leave. I don't have a single complaint!! The staff was amazing- very professional and friendly. We had made plans to leave the hotel for lunch and after- dinner drinks, but we loved the food and the atmosphere so much we ended up spending the majority of our time by the hotel bar. The rooms are beautiful, the beds are comfortable and there isn't a bad view in the entire hotel! The wait staff, concierge and room service were all very accommodating. There was never a rush to finish your drinks and lounging for hours by the water on the patio sofas was encouraged.
Overall, I would recommend Forty 1 North to anyone traveling to Newport, even if you are just looking to grab food or drinks after a day trip to the beach!

1  Thank Emily M
psauceda, Director of Sales at Forty 1⁰ North, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear Emily M,

First of all, happy birthday (belatedly)! You made my week with your review, thank you very much.

I can't wait to share you comments about the staff with everyone at our next all staff meeting.

Best,

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Our meal was outstanding!!! We will be back next month to enjoy another mouth watering adventure! Sittin by the ocean was sooooo nice and relaxing. Only thing I would say like many others, the music is way to loud in the hotel, turn it down.

Room Tip: Like many other guests have said over and over again, the music is way too loud in the hotel.....turn it down!!!
1  Thank tfdiac

Hello tfdiac,

Thank you for your great review of The Grill at Forty 1 North. I'm glad you will be back soon!

Thank you also for your candid opinion of the music volume- it's a tricky line to walk, and we take everyone's suggestions very seriously.

Thanks again,

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Go to Forty 1 North if you want to wake up feeling like you are on a yacht. This hotel sits directly on the dock in the marina. The hotel is wonderful but the staff is the real attraction. The service is beyond outstanding. I will return to this hotel over and over again. I would recommend this to travelers that want to be in the center of activity.

Room Tip: ask for a water front and higher level for quieter and better view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank circledarling

Hello circledarling,

Thank you for the fantastic review! We are flattered by the comparison to the Delano- we are big fans. In fact, Delano was one of our inspirations in the design of Forty 1 North- very observant of you.

I hope you'll be back often.

Best,

Reviewed June 11, 2014

My family stayed at the Cottage recently.

The Cottage was very spacious (two floors). The cottage contained all essential amenities if you were there for the week. There is a running dishwasher and huge fridge/freezer, dishes, pots, pans, utensils even paper towels, dishwashing liquid and dishwasher cleaner.

The living area and the dining area in the cottage is great to host or entertain guests as well. I do not recommend having two families stay in the cottage – it’s made for 4 people. This is simply because it has one day bed and roll-away mattress on the main floor and king bed upstairs.

The hotel and cottages are in an excellent location. There are so many wonderful dining options by foot. In fact, Subway, Pinkberry (yogurt shop), Fudge shop is a right from the parking lot (Thames Street). We walked 7 minutes to dine at Bouchard for dinner.

Minor concerns:

1) The second floor (king bedroom) air-conditioning was not cool enough. As they say, hot air rises to the top. It wasn’t a major deal breaker and we could have called maintenance, but it was tolerable. I would imagine that it would feel worse as the Summer heat intensifies. I’m sure the staff can easily fix this issue.

2) Once you unlock the entrance door to the cottage, there are a flight of steps. There is no secondary door at the top of the steps (which enters into living area). It would be nice to place a door at the top of the steps with locks. Management should explore placing a door with locks further. In my early days, I hailed from the Bronx so may be a little paranoid. :)

3) We found a dirty cloth/item in the bedroom. I brushed it into the closet. It happens I suppose, but this oversight should not have occurred by housekeeping.

4) I have to agree with some other reviewers, The bathroom offers very little counter space. If there was a small table or counter, it would be helpful.

5) The dining room table was not sturdy and shaky. It needs to be addressed or replaced.

Bigger concerns:

1) The bedroom on main floor (by living area) consists of a daybed and a mattress underneath (rolled out). Unfortunately, the windows in this room face a public parking lot and sit close to a bar. If you are LIGHT SLEEPER like me, you may not properly sleep. You will hear people chattering outside and the car alarms beeping. I slept horribly.

2) If your parking attendants offer to assist bringing luggage to the cottage, then they should be equipped and knowledgeable to know how to operate things around the cottage. For example, adjusting the climate control or removing the roll-away bed. We would expect this of your staff, not a “I’m not sure” or “I don’t know” answer to some basic questions. It would be nice to be given a brief tour of the cottage - - it would make guests feel like they’re valued.

All employees/staff at the hotel were friendly and attentive. Valet parking is $27.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank funtravel6

Dear funtravel6,

Thank you very much for your thorough and thoughtful review. I am glad that your overall stay was enjoyable and appreciate your feedback about your concerns with the cottage.

I hope you be back soon. If you are, please ask for me; I would like to meet you.

Very best,

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the hotel, it was well located and the staff were exceptional,they were very courteous and helpful.
The rooms were very comfortable and spotlessly clean as was the whole place,couldn't find any negatives,would definitely like to go back.

2  Thank Lyn D
psauceda, Director of Sales at Forty 1⁰ North, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Lyn D,

Thank you for your great review. I especially thank you for mentioning our exceptional staff.

Perth, Australia is awfully far, so I don't know how soon you will return, but I would like to welcome you back personally the next time you're here. Please ask for me.

Thank you again.