Forty 1⁰ North
Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina(Newport)(Great Value!)
$212
  • Pool
Mill Street Inn(Newport)(Great Value!)
$229
The Attwater(Newport)(Great Value!)
$219
Hotels.com
Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina(Newport)(Great Value!)
$245
$595
Travelocity
Wellington Resort(Newport)(Great Value!)
$225
All reviewsgrand suiteoval barred cottageharbor view suitesoaking tubboutique hotelguest serviceswet baroff seasonbeautiful hotelgas fireplacewater viewoystersvalet parkingnew englandnewport harborthe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stayed at Forty 1 North for a girls getaway weekend. Upon arrival we were greeted by super friendly and professional valets. They were top-notch! The hotel lobby was really nice and chic. We stayed in one of the lofts not connected to the main hotel since we had a large party. We enjoyed the space of the loft as it suited our party's needs however we were a disappointed in the cleanliness. We notified the front desk of the issues and they took care of them promptly. They even offered us complimentary breakfast in the grille for our inconvenience. The lofts come with a fully equipped kitchen. I would recommend they upgrade to full size fridges since there is a stove/dishwasher etc. We had a hard time fitting everything in the above average mini-fridge!
The parking is expensive so be prepared!
Overall we had a very nice time and all the staff was extremely polite and attentive. We probably would stay in the actual hotel and not the loft if were to go back!

2  Thank cmp308
psauceda, Director of Sales at Forty 1⁰ North, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Hello cwask,

Thank you very much for your positive review; I'm glad you had nice girl's get-away weekend. Our valets are going to really appreciate being singled out for their great service- I'll share your comments with them today.

I am sorry that the loft wasn't up to snuff. Even though we're happy to hear things were rectified quickly- our preference is to not inconvenience you in the first place. We take your comments seriously and are addressing our systems.

I hope you'll be back often.

Very best,

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Can't wait to return!! I booked this last minute on Memorial day as I was driving home from NH to PA. LOVED the look and ambience of this little boutiquey hotel/inn. Room was clean and liked the slider door/juliet balcony.The bathroom was huge with a great shower and Jacuzzi tub that I wish I had the time to use. I was very impressed with the ipod station and iphone charger that I desperately needed. The bed was REALLY comfortable and much appreciated after a long drive. The location is perfect..on the water and walking distance to unique shops and eateries. I'm excited to return, so that I can experience one of the rooms with a balcony facing water.
The outside common space is so pretty! The only negative is that I didn't know Valet charged $28 for the night. A glass of wine is $15. Beer is about $9. I will definitely be back though, and just drink somewhere else. ps. wish they had a swimming pool!

Room Tip: try to get water view, but not a big deal if you can't...the whole place is lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank keenansm0m
psauceda, Director of Sales at Forty 1⁰ North, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Daar keenansm0m,

Thank you for your very positive review. I'm glad you discovered us and am happy to know that you'll be returning. It's always gratifying to receive a good review from a senior reviewer on Trip Advisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nicely appointed rooms that include an I-pad for your convenience. We stayed in a harbor view suite that had a nice balcony. The restaurant was "okay" in our opinion but there are many others within walking distance. There are dozens of little stores as well. You really don't even need a car when you stay here!

Room Tip: I highly recommend the harbor view suite!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Marcus W,

Thank you very much for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed you enjoyed your stay, our location and well appointed rooms. I am sorry to hear, however, that your experience in our restaurant was only ok. Ok is not what we are striving for.

I hope your next visit will be even better and you will be impressed with our restaurant. Please let me know if you plan to come again soon- I'd like the opportunity to meet you in person.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel is quite amazing in decor, vibe and service. I stayed at Forty 1 North Memorial Day weekend and found it to be stellar in terms of hospitality and accommodations. Often times chic, hip and modern hotels lack warmth with their snooty "we're-so-very-cool-but-you're-not" staff. Not here. This hotel has hand selected a staff with genuine warmth who're happily attentive to every detail and request you may have. The food is fantastic. Service great. And it's pet friendly! What a great touch. The beds are seductively comfortable, the decor is modern and elegant. One thing to note if you like quiet hotels. There's an active, hot night scene in the bars and outdoor areas of this hotel. It all shuts down at 1pm. We enjoyed ourselves Friday and Saturday, noting that Sunday is more mellow. You're right on the dock with views of the water and yachts. Centrally located to everything; restaurants, bars, shopping and museums. This is a boutique hotel with about 28 rooms, so you'll find the staff at your disposal for any needs you may have. Also, we had free access to a gym down the street as residents.

2  Thank Susan W
psauceda, Director of Sales at Forty 1⁰ North, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Susan W,

Thank you for such a positive and kind review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your Memorial Day weekend.

Our staff's attentiveness has been coming up a lot in Trip Advisor reviews and it means a great deal to us, since service is the number one thing within our control.

I'm glad you liked our nightlife scene on the marina- and you are spot on about Sundays being more mellow. If you are ever interested in a short getaway in the winter, it is quite relaxing here without the weekend outdoor nightlife, but with soaking tubs and fireplaces.

I hope you'll visit again soon; would love to meet you.

Warm regards,

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stayed 2 nights here. I highly recommend this hotel. The entire staff was very attentive and always up beat and friendly.The rooms were excellent, very clean with nice amenity's. The iPad and I pod for checking out the area and music in the roomwas a nice touch. I wish they had a alarm clock in the room . The shower and tub were very large. Located with in walking distance of great shopping and numerous restaurants. Great views with a wonderful out door patio and bar. When we are in the area I will stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms with a ocean view are the best. The 3rd floor would be my first choice
1  Thank tralverGregg365

Hello tralverGregg365,

Thanks so much for the great review. I'm glad you were pleased with both the facilities and the staff. Your comment regarding the staff being attentive, upbeat and friendly means a great deal to us as that is exactly what we are trying to be.

I hope you'll come again soon. Please ask for me the next time you are here.

Very best,