Forty 1⁰ North
The Attwater(Newport)(Great Value!)
$149
Hotels.com
Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina(Newport)(Great Value!)
$84
  • Pool
Newport Bay Club & Hotel(Newport)(Great Value!)
$149
$134
Hotels.com
Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina(Newport)(Great Value!)
$239
$535
$385
Wellington Resort(Newport)(Great Value!)
$225
All reviewsgrand suiteoval barred cottageharbor view suitesoaking tubboutique hotelguest serviceswet baroff seasonbeautiful hotelgas fireplacewater viewoystersvalet parkingnew englandnewport harborthe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent two nights here back in October. We were there during the week, so the hotel was fairly empty. We were greeted by name upon arrival, checked in promptly, and were brought up to our room. They had upgraded us, which was a very nice surprise. The room was lovely - beautifully decorated, a comfortable bed, and an amazing bathroom. The room had a balcony that looked out over the marina, which was also lovely. We did have a little glitch getting the iPod to work, but they sent someone up immediately to fix it, and we had no further problems. The iPads were a nice touch as well.

The location is perfect. It was so convenient to everything downtown, there was no need for us to drive anywhere. We enjoyed being able to leisurely enjoy the town as it was our first time there.

We did find the restaurant and bar were a little on the pricey side, but for the quality of hotel, we weren't surprised. Everything was wonderful and we would definitely stay there again on our next visit to Newport.

Room Tip: I can't imagine this hotel has a bad room, but we stayed in one of the harborview suites, and it did not disappoint.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank whino31
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My wife and two friends visited Newport and this truly beautiful hotel over New Year's Eve and spent two days touring the area. Upon our arrival, the beautiful contemporary and stylish designs throughout made an immediate and thorough impression on all of us. In addition, I had read that we could expect impeccable service from the entire staff and we were not disappointed. I have never stayed at another hotel where my presence was more appreciated. it was also apparent that all staff were empowered to do "whatever it takes" to assist and satisfy a guest. Gourmet Restaurant, comfy lounges with fireplaces, pool table room, a beautiful bar, etc. Had we finally arrived at the perfect hotel?

We received our ribboned rock (key) and checked in to the most lavish and seemingly well designed room ever built. At first glance, more oohs and ahhs, as we noticed the large LED flatscreen, a gas fireplace, complementary use of an iPhone and iPad, (though its hard to believe anyone affording these prices wouldn't already own a smart phone), beautiful furniture, and decor of which are evident on hotel pics. Other posts already illustrate how comfortable the bed and chairs are. It just seemed PERFECT!

But then we stayed two days there, and my image of perfection came down a notch, when I realized that if the designers spent a few days there they would have realized some pretty basic omissions.
- no garment bag hook on the wall? No suitcase rack?
- the best shower in the world!!! But it leaks on floor due to tile under door ledge sloping "out"
- a bathroom so perfect... But why is it stocked with mediocre towels
- a stylish bath vanity/mirror with side lights that were under powered. I can appreciate being green, but two $50 overhead cans would have done wonders to help me see myself in the morning
- and is it wrong to expect a vanity mirror in such a bathroom?
- the fireplace put out some real heat but couldn't use it due to the room not going below 74 no matter the thermostat setting. Plus, as soon as I lay down on the bed, I couldn't see the fireplace anyway.

Don't get me wrong. One of the best stays ever, overall. But oh... What it could have been with just a few tweaks.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Rdf3388
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I can't say enough about this spectacular property! We stayed for 3 nights and it was an amazing getaway. Not only is the hotel in a spectacular location and incredibly appointed, the entire management and staff made us feel so welcome and pampered. I can't say enough about the staff--they were professional, personable, attentive and extremely committed to making our stay an amazing experience. They provided spot-on recommendations for dinner (Tallulah and Thames Street Kitchen), provided car service in the MB and were always available, but discreet throughout the stay. We have stayed in some world class hotels and this rivals the level of luxury and service.

The room was gorgeous with a king-sized bed with luxurious linens. The gas fireplace and soaking tub (and Malin & Goetz products) were perfect for the snowy, winter days. Easily one of the most romantic and cozy rooms ever.

We enjoyed drinks at the bar and a game of pool in the parlor...really, would have been perfectly happy to hang out the entire weekend at the hotel.

Usually we go to Newport during the warmer months, but I would travel anytime of year just to enjoy the luxury and pampering of this hotel and it's wonderful staff! Truly an exceptional experience.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a fireplace and soaking tub...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LSC11OsCt
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We enjoyed Forty 1 North very much. It was clean and well appointed, the staff was extremely helpful and courteous, the amenities were exceptional (iPod/iPhone dock connected so you can play music through the TV, iPad in every room to name a few), the bedding was fantastic!Everything worked correctly and it was evident that much care and detail went into the premises.

Room Tip: The water view rooms are worth the premium.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kevin K
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Awesome place to stay. Great price in dec. staff were great and very nice people.the breakfast was top class and the location was perfect. Can't wait to go back there asap.........................................................thanks

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple