“The BEST!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Newport
washington
“The BEST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

I just stayed at Forty 1 North the other weekend with my husband and had an incredible time! Everything about the hotel is so chic and perfect! We were greeted with exceptional service from the moment that we walked up to the hotel and the service remained that way through our entire stay. My husband and I have to travel quite often for work and Forty 1 North is now one of our most favorite hotels. The hotel has such a great style and is far superior to any of the other hotels I have stayed at in Newport, RI. We had most meals at The Grill and the food was delicious. It is such a comfortable and accommodating hotel, we will definitely be back this summer and we cannot wait!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank starfish1111

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

Spent an overnight in Newport right after Christmas. Not staying at 41 North, but saw the place on our walk around town and decided to walk in. Ended up staying for drinks and dinner and were incredibly surprised. Our bartender, Alex, was extremely service oriented. The food was really amazing. Never had scallops as delicious as these. Very cool and chic place. Beautiful if you can catch the sunset. Tom was really welcoming and accommodating as well. Even through it was the slow season, a steady stream of customers continued to come in and out for drinks. Just perfect! We'll be back and next time we'll plan on staying here as well.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tomngerry10
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

I never write reviews. Ever. This is my first, for Forty1North. I travel all over the world for pleasure and work--Paris, Miami, LA, NYC, Milan. I know what else is out there and this place is one of the best.

I stayed at 41North this fall for a few days for business and pleasure. Room was sleek and clean and chic. My view was breathtaking. The staff took care of me to the Nth degree. The fireplaces were so cozy looking, I actually wished it was colder so I could sit by them! I had truly tasty food at The Grill and the Oval bar was such a cool place to drink and socialize. This was like a little bite of NYC or Miami right in Rhode Island.

Unexpected and delightful. Can't wait to return. Can't recommend it highly enough. Do they have 6 stars on here??

PS the bed is crazy comfortable. best sleep i've had in while.

Room Tip: ask for a Premium Water View Room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Georgia R
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend in December. Our stay was great! I can't say enough about this hotel. Our room was excellent - very clean and we had the use of an IPad and an iPod in our room.
We had breakfast at The Grille and I loved the Dutch Apple Pancake. My husband had the omelet and was just as impressed. The staff was friendly and accommodating.

The only downside is the cost of the room. I got a deal through Rue La La and I did see winter deals on rooms when we were touring the mansions.

• Stayed December 2011
3 Thank Abesbabe23
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

Before my stay I was under the belief that luxury hotels no longer exist in US. I hate it when I am wrong and even worse when I have to admit it. Here it is I was wrong...Forty 1 is a beautiful boutique hotel in the heart of the action of Newport. Upon checking in I greeted by a Hispanic girl who went by the name MC. She had a very warm smile and assured me anything that they would do anything to make my stay more pleasant. Once in my room it was impossible to notice the rich details of the furnishings. It is not the typical New England room as it was very modern and cutting edge. On the desk was an IPad that gave me details of the hotel as well as the room service menu. I had dinner at their restaurant Christie's and once again it was very hip place. My dinner was fantastic!!! Later on I went to the Pavilion for a cocktail and I was taken care of by a young man named Tom. Pavilion is a great club and seems like it is the place to be in Newport on the weekend nights. I can't wait to come to Newport so I can stay at this lovely place again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Paul C
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

How can I begin . . . Our stay was the best we've ever had anywhere and that is saying something for us. The attention to detail of the property design and obvious care and thought to each guests' comfort was truly a work of art. There was not a speck of dust or a thing out of place. I adored the writing on the hallway mirrors and looked forward to each new day.

We loved the property (location and view), the spectacular decor of the lobby and rooms, but mostly we loved the people. They are amazing. Each person we encountered was kind and helpful in every way. They made us feel so welcome and right at home beginning with our initial greeting outside and our escorted check-in.

We were constantly cared for by the entire staff. Our delightful room was kept excellently for our maximum comfort. We just can say enough about how we loved our stay. On Thanksgiving we enjoyed a beautiful sunset on the back deck and returned to our room for a lovely surprise appetizer plate to enjoy with the rest of our wine before dinner.

The stories of summer fun may bring us back at a different time of year; but however interesting, I don't think it can match how we feel about our first stay. Thanks for our experience at Forty 1 North.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the water view overlooking the deck - superb.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank susan m
Denville, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

This newly renovated hotel was a treat for us! With every modern amenity including ipads in every room, the accommodations were practical as well as inviting. Beds were comfy, bathroom was beautiful, our view was great and the service was perfect. All of the staff we met were lovely to deal with and very friendly. And we were also lucky to meet one of the owners, Peter, who treated us to a delicious appetizer at the bar. Kerry the bartender was friendly and sweet, as was Fabrice who manages the restaurant. It was a great experience from the moment we walked into the hotel to the day we left. We would highly recommend Forty 1 North to anyone visiting the area. Absolutely perfect.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple