“something to see you will never forget the sights and the great people you meet.”
Review of Ocean Drive

$39.00*
Newport Gilded Age Mansions Trolley Tour with Breakers Entry
Ranked #3 of 117 things to do in Newport
More attraction details
Owner description: The marked scenic route along the dramatic Atlantic shoreline that circles Newport.
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Great sigh seeing. You can go on pay tour or drive yourself. there are a lot of place to eat and shop.

There are newer reviews for Ocean Drive

Reviewed August 8, 2014

The Ocean Drive is beautiful to look at, peaceful to sit by, and interesting to explore !! Early mornings and late afternoon/eves are best because you witness lovely "not to miss" sunrise & sunsets. I like Spring Summer most for bikeriding, photography, rock collecting, & seeing huge colorful Kite Festival. Brenton Point on the drive has huge open spaces as well as separated areas with grills. ( Super for family cookouts/reunions !) It's worth the wait in traffic to experience many visits along Ocean Drive.

2  Thank Mary Lynn A
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We visited Newport several times twenty years ago. This time we decided to try something new and drive Ocean Drive. Beautiful and rugged coastline, even enjoyable in the rain. You can pull over at Brenton Point State Park for views.

A touristy looking bus was pulled over at a house behind a gate/wall, it made me curious. After googling it a little, I realized it was Hammersmith Farm, Jackie O's childhood home and "summer white house" in the JFK years. We toured that place twenty years ago, not sure I realized that beyond it were the most amazing ocean views and more gorgeous mansions.

I still prefer the Cliff Walk because you slow down a lot more, literally and figuratively. (And my younger looked at his cell phone during the drive. I would've insisted he put it down but it was raining, I was saving my battles for the next thing.)

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We rented bikes and biked the 24 km distance from the ocean drive. You see a lot of spectacular views, the see and also big mansions and other villas. Also a must see in Newport!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

a sunset drive with lots of places to pull over to fly a kite or have a picnic
really lovely, keep going and you can see jaquie O'S HOLIDAY RETREAT
somehow we ended back in the main town