Open today: 6:00 AM - 9:00 PM

from $39.00
from $25.00
from $105.00
More Info
All reviews guided tour newport jazz festival eisenhower house great tour volvo ocean race newport harbor watch the boats history buff great place to visit off season visitor center ocean drive nice walk self guided rhode island soldiers enemy
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I'm not a huge history buff and I had a great time on the tour here. It's only a few dollars more for a guided tour and it's worth it, you get to explore more rooms that are usually locked and up on the roof. Walking through the tunnels underneath the fort was my favorite part. Our tour guide was great, he was friendly and professional and he didn't leave anything out.

1  Thank Bubbles284
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I've been to Newport loads of times but this was my first tour of Fort Adams. We took the ferry over from Jamestown and spent a couple of hours. It is in a beautiful spot right on the bay. We took a guided tour and were bombarded with all sorts of interesting information! Definitely a worthwhile attraction!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

But it's a wonderful site. Eisenhower used to vacation here on the property. Maybe he felt that the enemy had no chance of a retaliatory invasion with that big fort right there guarding the harbor. The fishing off the pier is great too.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Where do I start? No admission to get in, great views, lots to see and do... I highly recommend taking the tour of the Fort. The history alone is worth the price of the tour. I have been taking this tour since I was a child and I still learn something new every time! The views from Fort Adams State Park make it a great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Newport. It is really difficult to describe the ambiance and atmosphere at this park. It is so large and there is so much to do that I can only recommend that you take a look for yourself. The price is certainly right!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Lovely place to sit and enjoy the harbor. Watch all of the ships, sailboats and motor boats come and go. We enjoyed just relaxing there.