“Never disappoints!”

and up
Gilded Age Mansion Newport Trolley Tour
Ranked #8 of 109 things to do in Newport
More attraction details
Owner description: This venue of the Newport folk and jazz festivals is a stone citadel.
East Amherst, New York
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Never disappoints!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Where do I start? No admission to get in, great views, lots to see and do... I highly recommend taking the tour of the Fort. The history alone is worth the price of the tour. I have been taking this tour since I was a child and I still learn something new every time! The views from Fort Adams State Park make it a great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Newport. It is really difficult to describe the ambiance and atmosphere at this park. It is so large and there is so much to do that I can only recommend that you take a look for yourself. The price is certainly right!

Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Ft Adams State Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Lovely place to sit and enjoy the harbor. Watch all of the ships, sailboats and motor boats come and go. We enjoyed just relaxing there.

Chesapeake, Virginia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Cool Fort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We took our two children 4 & 2 on the Fort Adams tour. We only paid 2 adult admissions because 6 and under are free :-) The tour was interesting and we enjoyed it. I suggest you take the guided tour because they will take you in the tunnels and behind the gates. If you do the self guided you don't get that part of the tour. Good afternoon/Evening thing to do, would recommend.

Lynn, Massachusetts
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Great park that is free with views of Newport Harbor & shuttle boat to various Newport spots.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Lots of free parking, great views, small sandy beach, picnic tables & clean rest rooms. Not as busy as I would have thought on a holiday weekend. It was nice to see that we could picnic there on a hill overlooking the harbor & have a bit of privacy as well. Also, there is a shuttle boat that you can take to several Newport spots & can get on & off all day. This would save from having to park in downtown Newport at high parking rates & give you plenty of options to walk around the wharfs, shop, dine & take the shuttle boat back to Fort Adams. I know it is the site of the Newport Folk & Newport Jazz Festivals & think it would be spectacular to attend one of these if possible. WIll look to go again & stay the day w/a nice picnic.

2 Thank Marion M
RI
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Recommend for those who are young and enjoy history”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

My 16 yr old and I enjoyed it all, but don't take the elderly unless they hear well and enjoy history and are very mobile! This was a wonderful history site. They have Military and youth discounts and you can tour some tunnels. I do wish they would open more of the Fort, I think they are just a little lazy and don't want to tour everything!

Visited June 2013