“all is made fresh, from local sea, farmers, they help the community as well”
Review of Perro Salado

Perro Salado
Ranked #30 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Andy and Dan owners chefs, use first quality ingredients, Dan takes pride in his specials, Andy in her innoventive cocktails and sevice. It has charm and warmth inside. True Mexican not tacobell
amercian, great background music, lively, fun, yet you can find a quaint getaway in the many little dinning rooms they have, a must visit, these people really care about food and sevice.

There are newer reviews for Perro Salado

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Guac tasted like it was from Costco. Store bought chips and the entrees weren't cooked well. The mole chicken tamale was not proportional with the masa, chicken or mole. Way too much masa and not enough of the other two.

It is a charming house but the food doesn't match the locale.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Really! Cilantro Jalapeno Magaritas is a crazy combination I agree . . . but oh my! If you like any part of that combination, you need to try this magarita. It's my favorite drink and that's my excuse to dine at Perro Salado. The food is eclectic and the specials are always a must. And my dessert continues to be the sticky ribs. They are also a "have to have". The inside is very neat. All separate dining rooms and nooks and crannies filled with tables. Summertime you have the option of sitting outdoors in another neat setting. Checking it out!

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

This off the beaten path restaurant was an absolute find. The good is fresh with a mex twist. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Many of my Newport friends rave about this place... so we went once before and it was just OK - nice but nothing to shout about... Last night I went back again - this time with a small group of friends - we didnt have a reservation so we were lucky to get a table (the high one in the centre of the small garden). The beer was good and we also had a couple of jugs of Margarita to share - its a shame they had run out of their Blood Orange special - but the Cucumber flavoured version was still great...we then had ribs to share - the sauce was unbelieveable and the meat was amazing - the Guacamole was less remarkable. The five of us had the either the Cod special - spectacular - or the Fish Tacos - equally outstanding.

The food is not proper Mexican - which is not a bad thing... but the menu does have some nice mexican twists and influences.

This is a busy place... they seem a bit short on staff... so you have to wait a bit... The restaurant and bar setting is quite unusual and quirky (in a nice way). Great atmosphere and vibe so a good place for couples or small groups of friends - If my first experience had been as good as last night I would have given it my highest rating. Notwithstanding - after last night - I can now see why its so popular - and it gets a big thumbs up.