All reviews townhouse suite exposed brick continental breakfast old mill bagels rooftop deck my husband and i feather bed free parking no elevator private balcony afternoon tea living room cookies front desk staff turn down service fresh fruit
Reviewed November 14, 2015

We always stay here if not sold out - there is only 23 rooms - the location is perfect. Quick walk into the heart of Newport. We always stay in the Townhouse suite because we love the fireplace in the bedroom. The staff is always friendly, polite, professional and helpful. Love this place ! Going again next week!

Room Tip: Townhouse suite
  • Stayed: January 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2015 via mobile

The hotel is in a fantastic location for exploring downtown and for wandering around central Newport. It was very easy to find and had free, easily accessible parking. The front desk staff were friendly and very helpful.

The room (a king suite) was clean and exactly as described. The pictures on their website represent the rooms faithfully. The hotel has a lot of character and I enjoyed staying there.

The only disappointment was the continental breakfast. There were a lot of common continental breakfast options, but both mornings we were there, there was no coffee. We were done with breakfast before we ever found out if the carafe was refilled. Luckily there are lots of coffee options with in a couple of blocks.

November was a wonderful time to visit Newport, and I would definitely love to go back. I would also stay at the Mill Street Inn again.

Stayed: November 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 11, 2015

I have been staying at The Mill Street Inn since early 2000's and I absolutely love the place. I try to get out to Newport every 3-4 months to recharge the batteries if ya know what I mean. I am always intrigued by the history meets modern feel the Inn gives you. I have stayed in almost every room they offer and I would suggest staying in a studio suite (211 my favorite ). This room is very large with a wide open floor plan. If you choose to stay in a 2 story townhouse suite, I recommend the one with the sexy red spiral staircase. I forgot the room number but it is directly across from room 211. The townhouse suites all have balconies but they overlook the rooftop common area that is open to all guests. Why pay a premium for something that is for free....The location of the Inn is perfectly situated between Thames St and Bellviue Ave. Centrally located in the heart of Newport. The continental breakfast is always spot on with plenty of options to choose from. OK so I didn't give it 5 stars and my reasons behind that is I feel the costumer service lacks that personable attention one would expect to receive. Just my 2 cents...

Stayed: March 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2015

My wife and I love going to Newport and whenever we go we stay at Mill Street Inn. We have been staying there for over 15 years. The location allows us to walk to the stores and restaurants. We have always been very happy staying there. The rooms are great, the breakfasts are excellent and the staff is very accommodating. We especially appreciate the attention we receive from Siren. She is knowledgeable about the restaurants and the area in general and is always helpful.

Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2015

I stayed here solo for just one night on business. The inn is very attractive and clean. I loved the exposed brick, modern and cozy decor and atmosphere. Unfortunately my suite was on ground level and about as close to the front desk as you can get. So I had a tiny bit of noise just from typical movement in a hotel and the privacy factor wasn't great but I was still very happy. I just closed the blinds that looked out onto the parking lot - no big deal. It's a small inn and I believe only two floors. My room was large and very comfortable in every way.

The inn is very close to lots of things. Walk up the street and you're on Bellevue and down the street to Thames. You'll find plenty of shops and food in either direction. But the inn is actually in a quiet neighborhood setting so it's kind of the best of both worlds.

There is no restaurant/bar on site but it's a small place and to be expected. They do have free breakfast in the morning and tea/coffee in the afternoon. Their continental breakfast isn't like other places. The pastries are very fresh and almost seem like they come from an upscale bakery. Their OJ is freshly squeezed and definitely doesn't come out of some cheapo high fructose corn syrup jug. They definitely go an extra step in that area.

The staff was very nice, helpful, and accommodating to myself and other guests I saw making requests. The value here is great. I definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor if available for more privacy/quiet
Stayed: November 2015, traveled solo