“Surprising”
Review of Rhino Bar & Grille - CLOSED

Rhino Bar & Grille
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Description: The Rhino Bar and Grill is a Newport benchmark for live entertainment and gastropub style cuisine. We are happy to ntroduce our new gastropub menu that features items from our very own Smokey New England Style Clam Chowder and our Ale Steamed Mussels to our a "Obnoxious" build your own angus burger, Open-Faced BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich, Sesame Salmon and Caramelized Scallops.The Rhino Bar and Grill offers live music seven nights a week and unique drink specials daily.
Denver, Colorado
“Surprising”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ate downstairs because it was a very hot day and it was deserted! We were a little nervous that food wasn't good but we were very pleasantly surprised! The service was a little show but the food made up for it. The steak sandwiche and steak quesadilla were very tasty and real flank steak was used. The lobster salad was also tasty. Overall we were very happy with our meal and glad we gave the Rhino a shot. On a side note the bathrooms smelled horrible and were not the cleanest (sewage/septic problems maybe).

• Visited July 2013
Stephanie W, General Manager at Rhino Bar & Grille, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your response! We have been working hard this past year with a re-vamping the menu and hiring a new kitchen and front of the house staff. I appreciate your taking the time to write about your great experience! Please come back and visit us again soon :)
-Stephanie

Meriden, Connecticut
“Cool spot, good music, great service”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed at the hotel above this bar so we finally decided to give it a try. Based on the poor reviews I was a bit scared to go. I'm glad we did, it was a lot of fun. We were on the "tusk" side I believe. The band was good and the staff was very friendly. They had 4 bartenders on and a few girls on the floor so service was spot on. Never a long wait for drinks. We didn't try the food so can't comment on that. The customers were nice--a mix of locals and tourists. Would return, Kayla was wonderful!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Brittney B
Thank you so much for your response! We really appreciate the positive feedback and are so happy to hear that you had a great time over in Tusk as well as with Kayla on the Rhino Side. Please come back and visit us again soon!
-Stephanie
Nashville
“Glad No Band That Night”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We'd been visiting galleries & museums all afternoon and evening, so didn't get to have dinner until 9:15 PM, and this was the perfect inexpensive and casual place. While my sister called it a "dive bar", I enjoyed the "Cheers" type atmosphere: Dark heavy woods, below-first-floor level, and the bartender waited on us at our booth. It was quiet because there was no live band this Thursday evening, and that was PERFECT for me... just another couple in a booth, and three young (college-age?) men, bonding at the bar over drinks. They had a nice selection of specialty burgers and fries, so I got a combination I'd never seen before, (and can't remember now) but it was delicious and too big for me to finish. The service was friendly, attentive, and quick.

Visited May 2013
Stephanie W, General Manager at Rhino Bar & Grille, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your response! Our specialty burgers are definitely a go-to and we are happy you enjoyed everything. Please come and visit us again soon!
“IDEAL LOCATION”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The food is suprisingly good at the Rhino. I would consider it more of a night club but we stopped in for a cocktail and munchies and were pleased with the food.

Visited April 2013
Stephanie W, General Manager at Rhino Bar & Grille, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback! Our Executive Chef Ryan Janz is AMAZING and I am happy to hear you enjoyed your food and your time with us. Please come back and visit again soon!
Oneonta, New York
“Do not order the $16 Fish and Chips”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The restaraunt itself is nice, dark and quaint. My husband ordered a hamburger with cheddar and bacon. The bread was delicious and the burger was tasty. I ordered the fish and chips which cost sixteen dollars. I received three pieces of curled up, greasy, tasteless fish "pieces". The portion size was terrible. I love Canadian fish and chips where you receive a nice healthy chunk of fried fish. The fish at the Rhino Bar was less than a half an inch thick. The plate was complimented with about three tablespoons of coleslaw and a hefty portion of french fries. This plate should have been called "Chips with a Taste of Fish".

• Visited February 2013
Stephanie W, General Manager at Rhino Bar & Grille, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for your response and we agree that the fish n chips was in dire need of change so that is what we have done! We are rolling out our spring/summer menu this week and would love to have you back for a second chance next time you are in town! Please let us know next time you are in Newport by emailing Stephanie at info@therhinobar.com.

The Rhino Bar & Grille