“Muyyyy bien!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Lehi, Utah
“Muyyyy bien!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We love this place and come here about once a week even though there are at least 5 other Mexican places way closer.
The service is very friendly - if you have never tried Jamaica or the other drink they make from scratch - ask to taste it!
Very tasty, huge burritos and a great guacamole!
We always take out, so we are not bothered by the atmosphere.
We just wish there was a "buy 9, get the 10th meal free" card or something the like.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank ChaCaLu12

Highland, Utah
“Best Mexican Food In Utah”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

You have to go here and try the Al Pastor. They cook beef and pineapple on a rotisserie like a Gyro is but they put this beefy goodness on tacos, nachos etc. I like to get he nachos with 1/2 al pastor and 1/2 canitas.

• Visited September 2013
Spanish Fork, Utah
“Stark contrast from favorable reviews”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I hope others' experiences are much better than ours. I was excited to try this restaurant, given the very favorable reviews. (Now I wonder if these reviews were from employees/owners!) ... We arrived shortly after noon on a weekday. The order taking process was painfully slow; we waited behind only eight other people for about 40 minutes. The actual food preparation time was fine. ... Seating was cafeteria; the word "ambience" is not in the restaurant's dictionary. ... The food quality was poor. My enchiladas were marginal at best, though the refried beans were good. My wife tried the fajita plate (this is always her favorite). She generally takes a box home, with about half the food left. I've never seen her throw away the extra tortillas--until now. ... We won't be going back!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank GJ1395
Highland, Utah
“Nice Surprise for Mexican Food in Utah”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

As a recent transplant from Los Angeles to the American Fork area, I have eaten at numerous Mexican places in the region and have found them to all be poor in one way or another. I was VERY surprised and pleased to finally come across a place with reasonable prices, good portions, and, most importantly, good tasting, realistic Mexican food. Each time I go, I purposely over-order so I can try different items. All have been fairly good - quite fresh, authentic and tasty. The salsa bar is reasonable with options offered - from mild to really quite hot (the guacamole looking salsa). Good quality chips, too.

Sopes are usually not a great option at restaurants because the cornmeal patty is hard. At El Mexiquense Grill, it is soft and moist with generous toppings and true to what I remember eating at Mom's growing up.

Each time I've gone, there's always been an English speaking person behind the counter. The menu is in English so I don't undersand previous comments by others.

Give the place a try - small parking lot in a strip mall, seating inside and they even sell Mexican Coke, Sprite, Fanta and other popular bottled soft drinks from Mexico.

VIVA EL MEXIQUENSE!

• Visited July 2013
Lehi, Utah
“Authentic Mexican Lives in a Strip Mall”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I'll admit, I still haven't figured out how to pronounce that name of this restaurant properly. I haven't even figured out what all the things are the menu are either, because they are mostly in Spanish, with little description. I could ask the staff, but usually I can understand what they are trying to tell me. I could ask the other patrons, but most of them don't seem to speak English. All good signs that this place is fantastically authentic. So I just google things a lot on my phone. The Tacos al Pastor are amazing. The chips are thin and fresh. The spice level of the salsas in the salsa bar varies daily depending on who mixed it up and how spicy the ingredients were that day. They use different kinds of meat in different items- the beef in the burritos is seasoned and cooked differently that the beef in the tacos- and there's no hamburger and no yellow cheese to be found . So delicious. Great. Now I'm hungry.

• Visited December 2012